ring and pinion dramas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big zetor

Reaction score
Hi everyone just wondering if anyone has replaced there crown wheel and pinion and if anyone has who sell's replacement gear sets for the d40 spanish built 2006 rx. thanks.

okay here the low down rang up nissan for a quote on a new ring and pinion and they wanted 1960 bucks talked to trans diff gears in melbourne they say aftermarket is too noisey so they recomended genuine' so i decided on a complete diff for 800 bucks thats done 40000 ks very dissapointed with these crappy diffs. I got 145000 out of the original diff. cheers

okay here the low down rang up nissan for a quote on a new ring and pinion and they wanted 1960 bucks talked to trans diff gears in melbourne they say aftermarket is too noisey so they recomended genuine' so i decided on a complete diff for 800 bucks thats done 40000 ks very dissapointed with these crappy diffs. I got 145000 out of the original diff. cheers

dont know 100% if this is the case for these ^^ a/market gears but in the ford 9" world of yesteryear, the difference between factory and aftermarket ring & pinion sets was the same....oem ford where quiet and the aftermarket jobs were somewhat noisy.....tho one could not hear this noise going down the 1/4 mile with open exh....
Why the noise you ask...the ford gears were sold as a "matched set"...they where "lapped" together...hence no noise...if installed correctly.
The non factory sets were not lapped matching sets.

You can get the aftermarket gears lapped so then they're not noisy...just finding a shop to do it.

Happy Dayz.

Mine has also let go there is no after market products for them yet that I couldn't find and the Titan has the same diff

There both the M226.

Diff ratio's are different though.

The H233 and H233B are better built diffs.

Yeah there the same a bloke broke his Titan diff and than replaced it with a Spanish built navara d40 diff, my diff fell apart due to some brain dead apprentice placing the LSD clutch in backwards in resault causing me to pay $2500 in rebuilt

Latest posts

Back