oil leak ???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrymdr

Reaction score
Just had a look under the d 40 was going to measure up for some bash plates. Noticed some gunk on the underside of the exhaust ,looked above and can see some fresh oil leaking out of the transfer case / gear box. Car is almost up for 50 K service. Is this a worry ?

Thanks for the replies. Murphy's law says the leak will drop straight on the exhaust !!

Nissan looked at leaking seal. Found the diff seal was also leaking. Fixed both under warranty , Stung me for $178 for the oil !! Tried arguing with them that the seal let the water in. No it is impossible for that to happen must have been driven through a large puddle enough to submerge the breather hose. Still arguing with Nissan Aust , no one hold your breath .:deadhorse:

pinion seal and rear transfer case replaced outside of warranty cost me $350. also said it had drawn in muddy water???. not in the 85k since i've owned it

Email back from Nissan dealer states that even the new seals will let water in if not cooled before driving through puddle or creek. Seal is to keep oil in not water out ?? WTF . He suggests waiting 10 mins to allow seals to cool before being submerged. He even asked his mechanic. ??? :chainsaw:

Back