Tacho not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saintpaul

Reaction score
My Tacho reads a big fat 0 and does not move at all. I pulled the instrument cluster out today and checked that all of the wires are plugged in there which they were. Were abouts on the engine do the wires go so I can check out the other end to try and find a fault. Hopefully the actual tacho part isnt the bit thats broken

Can the needle move freely? I know it seems silly but that's the most common problem, the needle 'melllllts' and the tip touches the gauge face, which stops it moving.

Can the needle move freely? I know it seems silly but that's the most common problem, the needle 'melllllts' and the tip touches the gauge face, which stops it moving.

It can move. I pulled the cover off it and removed the needle and put it back on and wobbled it around and it smoothly returned to 0 on its own so I dont think thats the problem

Tacho connection for the diesel should come out of the injection pump. I would also expect there to be a 12V connection as well. My petrol D21 has 4 wires, 12V power, earth, connection to the coil, and another one I don't know about.
I think it is a white wire from the back of the tacho that is the signal, and somehow magically changes colour in the loom by the time it gets to the coil. :)

Latest posts

Back