5"-7" lift kits for spanish d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all iam after a lift kit with no body blocks for my Spanish built navara d40, I like the BVT kit that the Thailand company builds that has coil over suspension and all the upper and lower arms etc but iam having no luck finding anything... And is there a better brake upgrade for the utes cheers

5" calmini kit from snake racing + any 2" suspension lift you want

oh and welcome to the forum.

Hi all thanks for your feed back, I have had trouble with snake racing for the for the fact is that he didn't want to.sell me the product because of legality reasons for driving on the street, and Iam a where of that factor, but as i the consumer would like a product for a reason. To go off road, I have looked and looked and iam awaiting a ensure from a company called M-Trux they do great stuff, so fingers crossed just trying to turn the d40 into a trophy truck, :)

You can get the 5inch kits directly from the US from calmini, they'll organise freight etc, was about 2grand including freight when I looked.

You as the consumer can order anything you want . However he as the seller is not actually allowed to sell you something that isnt legal.Weird I know but thats how it goes
Anything over 150mm in total lift is deemed as non roadworthy and for offroad use only

Oh yeah trophy trucks are usually 4x2 lol
Now if yours is a 4x2 then you can get a lifted spindle that will give you 4 inches of lift with no mods needed .

productimage-picture-cst_4_lift_frontier_2wd_lift_spindle-3984_t366.jpg

You can get the 5inch kits directly from the US from calmini, they'll organise freight etc, was about 2grand including freight when I looked.

That made me have a look at their site. $1394 is the current price plus shipping. It's a shame our dollar is on the slide.

Iam based on the sunshine coast qld, and my d40 is a Spanish built stx so its just 4x2 not constant 4x4 I love my ute but just want it to be different to all the others, thanks for all your feedback so far :)

Ok so a little confused here
Is it a 4x2 or a 4x4
The 4x2 has no front diff so can run the spindles
The 4x4 cant run the spindles as the front drive shafts would bind

The biggest issue with running lifts that are above 150mm is your asking for troubles if you had an accident and it was found you had too much lift
The rule is 150mm in total lift so suspension and tyres.Am pretty sure that country wide not just certain states.
To get ideas have a look at Clubfrontier.org. The D40 Frontier is pretty much the same as yours for that year so parts will interchange

Yeah sorry its 4x4 and I have Orded from fiber werx front and rear guards to cover the tyres etc so it should not look to out of place unlike some patrol drivers with 6" lift etc is there a brake up grade for them at all as well as there very soft which is not like Nissan brakes

Ok so a little confused here
Is it a 4x2 or a 4x4
The 4x2 has no front diff so can run the spindles
The 4x4 cant run the spindles as the front drive shafts would bind

The biggest issue with running lifts that are above 150mm is your asking for troubles if you had an accident and it was found you had too much lift
The rule is 150mm in total lift so suspension and tyres.Am pretty sure that country wide not just certain states.
To get ideas have a look at Clubfrontier.org. The D40 Frontier is pretty much the same as yours for that year so parts will interchange

run a 6" lift and stock tyres on road then change them once you get offroad for some 35's or jsut run whatever tyres you want since anything over 31's on a navara is illegal anyways.

Yeah sorry its 4x4 and I have Orded from fiber werx front and rear guards to cover the tyres etc so it should not look to out of place unlike some patrol drivers with 6" lift etc is there a brake up grade for them at all as well as there very soft which is not like Nissan brakes

You'll be wanting some rims that stick way out too then, those fiberwerx guards are huge! Get rims chucked in the container with the guards, more choice in the states

How about the brakes from the STX 550, mine seem way better than my King Cab ones did

I wish I had a 550 there bloody unreal and i asked fiberwerx but as mine is Spanish It's hard for them to find the correct rim size I have found some fuel revolver rims 17x9 and i will be running 315-70r17 on them so it should fill it out so they will be 33's and as of last nights incidents I do wish i had my single clutch conversion and the lift kit and a winch,not even a GU patrol with a Chevy diesel v8 could pull all 3 of us out,

Latest posts

Back