Driving lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPearson

Reaction score
I am going to the 4x4 show in melbourne on the weekend. I will walk away with a set of lights to mount on my bull bar. What brand should i buy?:victory:

Everyone has their own opinions, usually the brand they have on their truck :)

I run IPF 900XS's, had no dramas, I hear the Narva's are good value for money as well.

Had Narvas on my D22, Now IPF 900XS on my D40. IPF's definately a better light in my opinion.

Hey Guys,

I use Hella Rally 4000's. The third set I've owned, had them on my Patrol for 5 years and never had a lick of trouble and only had to adjust them once or twice in that time to compensate for heavy loads in the rear.

I had them on my current D22 until a cow re-arranged my front end and with it the Hella's :angry: At $365 retail per light, they are worth every dollar. Shop around you can get them much cheaper.

I got new ones courtesy of my insurer and will take these off and put them on my new D22 in a couple weeks when it arrives home.

The beauty of the Rally 4000's is that they never need to be re adjusted once originally setup properly. Awesome beams and wicked lense holding system. I'll buy a third light for the new Nav and run one spread and two spots. Yeah baby!:victory: Might even look at HID inserts ..... Oooooh!

I looked at IPF's in HID but at $1000 per light they can stay on the shelf in ARB. WTF?

Cheers,

DJ

Narva's on my D22. Converted to HID.

All brands mentioned will serve you well. Look at lightforce to, alot of people go on about them but I think there overated.

Dave.

narva are good value for money but are somewhat lower scale, they are prone to vibration issues which means you need to adjust them more often and premature bulb failure.
lightforce are also good but a bit dear for what you get, they are very plastic, use special bulbs not readily available everywhere, and are easily removed / stolen.
from the limited exposure i've had to ipf i can say they seem quite good but don't pay too much for them, their body design does seem quite primitive, but if it works why change it?
two more to consider are britax & cibie. britax again are lower scale but excellent value for money. cibie are camparitive to ipf, older design, brilliant light, last forever, known to be quite expensive though as you are paying for the name.
i've said it before and i'll say it again, you will not do better than hella!
i've been, selling, installing, using aftermarket driving lights for 15 years and my experience has led me to this conclusion, if you want a light you are not going to be dis-satisfied with and don't mind spending a few bucks on, buy hella! to be more specific, rallye 4000 with hid kit, turn em on and wait for the sun to blow up, we don't need it anymore!

Lightforce 240 XGT's with Blue Lenses on mine, paid only $395 new for a pair.
Great light, highly recommended. Heard good reports on the Narva's also though, good value for money light.

I checked out both narva and hella in all metal construction with ball type mounts and both were over $600 for set, then out of curiosity priced the gen Nissan ones (all metal and ball joint) and got them for $348 including protectors and are made by IPF anyway and there tops.

Latest posts

Back