Best value replacement clutch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pottsy1990

Reaction score
Hey guys i have just blown my rear seal :( and dont have the 1000 bux to replace it so me and a mate are going to tackle it one fri night and sat and i got told to save troubles do clutch at same time so what brand and HD or Sports or what type is best value i guess, will be used for general driving, off road on weekends and sometimes towing .

Do you even need to? im pretty sure most people dont need to replace it till like 200000km

I have 250,000 odd km's on my D22 and still have the original clutch.

Try Exedy.

Its just more ammo to throw at them.

YD25 powered D22's use the same clutch as the ZD30 powered D22's.

Yea well i have 185000 and dont realy want to go through the same process again in 6 months

I have an exeedy in mine. It performs very well, however it does bite hard when you first install it and takes about 3000 km to settle. Costs me $740 plus oil and you will need a new spigot bush and rear main seal. you will also need to machine the flywheel.

I have an Exedy Safari Tuff clutch in mine and I love it. I cant remember how much just the clutch was as I got it not long after I got the car but it has been brilliant and it gets a fair flogging.

I have just put in a Xtreem Outback clutch and after some issues with the flywheel not been machined so it slipped, it seems to grab well.
For a clutch thats better then standard but not as hard core as a excedy HD that comes in at $460.00 then it doesent seem to bad. Just make sure you get the flywheel machined always!!!!!!!!!! (apparently its not standard practice??)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back