Remove front transfer driveshaft bolts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konect

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been stalking the forums for quite a while and bought a 2007 D40 a few months ago.

I need to replace the front driveshaft seal from the transfer case (common problem apparently) and I bought the seal from Nissan, went to fit it and didn't even get the first step done!

I couldn't get the bolts that connect the front driveshaft to the transfer case undone. It really needs a socket but the gap isn't big enough to get one in (terrible design) so I have to use a ring spanner but it is threatening to strip the bolt!

Is there a special tool / technique to get in there without stripping the bolt?

Cheers.

mate, i used a really good quality vise grip belive it or not
i had the exact same problem as i needed to remove it for my clutch
replacement. make sure you use high quality vise grips, i promis you
the nut will not get damaged.

it wont hurt to change them anyhow afterwards.

let me know how you went.

Is it a nut and bolt on the D40 , if it is loosen the nut off on the other side, if it isn't frind your ring spanner down a little bit so it gets a full frip on the bolt

i stuffed up about 3 different spanners any still unsucessful
i tried shaving down a flat head thin enough to fit between the 0.0001mm
gap lol of all things the vise grips worked haha

thanks for the replies guys.

Going to attack them with some vise grips this weekend.

Also - did you use a bearing puller to be the mount off? In the manual it uses a tool that looks similar. Not sure if I could just bang it off with a mallet instead :S

So managed to get the use of a hoist yesterday and crack the nuts with a regular ring spanner. Pulled everything apart and surprise! Nissan gave me the wrong seal :(

Just wondering if someone can give me the part number for the seal so I can just tell nissan what I need?

So managed to get the use of a hoist yesterday and crack the nuts with a regular ring spanner. Pulled everything apart and surprise! Nissan gave me the wrong seal :(

Just wondering if someone can give me the part number for the seal so I can just tell nissan what I need?

Sorry don't know the part number but it aint no surprise. Every time I have been into my local dealership I end up with them getting the wrong part or trying to tell me that my vehicle doesn't have one of those.

Latest posts

Back