NSW goiv saving 10c a label on rego stickers BULLSHIT

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryc

Reaction score
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-24/nsw-rego-stickers-to-be-taken-off-the-road/4031302

It is because they can bing you for $530 when you don't realise that your rego has run out. No rego sticker in front of you to remind you which month it is due and the "letter" from the rta (or whatever they are called today) is "only a courtesy and it is your responsibility to ensure your registration is still current".

Saves 10c a label, utter bullshit. It is all about increasing fine revenue.

The brought the same thing out the end of last year in SA and I think it's a good thing, I've been fined multiple times for having an outdated rego sticker still on my car/bike/trailer even though the vehicle is registered (I'm quite lazy and kept forgetting to swap them out).

I'm not sure if you guys have anything like it for NSW but in SA they've created "ezyreg" apps for both Android and iPhone. I use this all the time, it allows me to renew my reg, check how long I have before I have to renew and it even puts calendar appointments in my phone (also linked to my google account) to remind me when to renew.

IMO this system is much better than having to use those damn stickers!

I don't give a shit for stickers but I remember coping fines from Vic Roads for having out of date stickers on trucks.

I can see one reason for stickers, in the advent of missing plates stickers do make it easier for the cops to identify a car but there isn't many other reasons I can see.

The most annoying thing about rego stickers these days is just how often the bloody things fall off before 12 months is up. Seriously if they want us to keep the damn things stuck to the window then make them stick better!

The most annoying thing about rego stickers these days is just how often the bloody things fall off before 12 months is up. Seriously if they want us to keep the damn things stuck to the window then make them stick better!

Haha must be why i only ever put 6 months rego on it, i get a new sticker twice a year :)

Haha must be why i only ever put 6 months rego on it, i get a new sticker twice a year :)

That was actually a big complaint from most people in SA when they got rid of the stickers; they also got rid of the 6 month and 9 month rego options.

We now only have the choice of 3 months or 12 month.

Yeah but what does rego cost for 12 months down there? A couple of years ago i was contemplating a vz ss ute, 6.0l v8. The bloke selling it was from SA and said that the rego down there was about $550 for 12 months, it was closer to 1k in QLD. Havent had the nav registered in NSW yet, but i know QLD only go off the amount of cylinders, so the D40 cost the same to register as wifeys Getz... Ill find out next month i suppose.

we have not had stickers over here in the West for some time... maybe a year or 2?

In the beginning it was a pain for a lot of people, but in reality if you cant remember to pay your rego, then who's fault is it really.

If you really struggle... get one of these!! http://www.regoreminder.com.au/

Personally I am happy not to have them because I could never be bothered replacing the old sticker. And I cant say that the number on the sticker ever reminded me that rego was coming up, it was always (and still is) the massive bill that they send me!!

I just checked, My Nav is due for renewal, $270 for 3 months or $1017 for 12 months

Trailers are a flat rate of around $60 for 12 months and the bike is around $550 for 12 months I believe

Are rego stickers on campers, trailers etc out of the system now too?

I'd be happy not to need a rego sticker on the trailer or boat, I keep forgetting to get the damn things out of the filing cabinet whenever I tow spmething. Although I'd love to see roadworthies on trailers and caravans rather than just loosing rego stickers.

We (WA) don't have stickers for anything any more (boat trailer, box trailer) however we still get a sticker for the actual boat registration.

I think the only thing that gets stickers over here now are heavy vehicles