Woolworths Diesel Freezing up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longy509

Reaction score
Filled up at woolies last week started my ute yesterday morning went inside to have a dump when i came back out i had a massive pool of diesel on the ground,My fuel had froze and popped three fuel lines off.

all diesel will freeze, thats why in the snowy/high country NSW and VIC they run "ALPINE" blended diesel.
You can by the "ALPINE" anti freeze additive from places like super cheap and REPCO.
Its prob not a bad idea, especially living out Bathurst way where you get some serious -0 temps

You would think they would have already added it the tight bastards i spoke to another bloke the same day his wifes car done the same thing fuel from the same servo.

That's really quite strange. We filled up at the Caltex/Woolworths servo in Lithgow last winter and they were using winterised fuel. With Bathurst being further west I'd expect the same from any servo up that way.

I think you should have the right of complaint to the service station. Did you keep the receipt?

I put it on caltex fuel card account so got that covered i rang the caltex depo in orange who supply the local caltex's but the said they dont do the woolie servo's so i would say the fuel came from sydney and they haven't put the additve in yet.
There was no mechanical damage done that i know of other then spending they day smelling like diesel after refitting the hoses so know point kicking up to much of a stink just thought i would warn everyone on here.

Changes are made at the refining stage to reduce the cloud point of diesel. Summer grade typically has a cloud point of +2oC whereas winter grade has a cloud of -5oC. Alpine diesel has a cloud a lot lower again. (& is closer to kero in a lot of ways)
The cloud point of diesel is the temp at which it gets waxy & thick.
The changeover to winter grades typically occurs late April early May so any cold snaps can bugger things up a bit. It is also possble that if a servo has a low turnover that it still has a higher percentage of summer grade than it should for the season.

we used to have to light a fire under the tractor on cold winter mornings to defrost the diesel they wouldnt put anti freeze in the diesel that was delivered to a1000 ltr farm tank because we were in qld(stanthorpe)
they would supply it with anti freeze at an extra cost

Latest posts

Back