Chipped D22 2.5CRD Navs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deejay

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm awaiting my new 09 ST-R and am curious as to what you guys who own the latest models think of the power?

If you have done the chip mod, I'd be especially interested to hear your thoughts on the performance increase.

Did you chip and exhaust also or just chip?

What chip did you install?

Thanks for your thoughts

DJ

Hi DJ,

Haven't done the chip mod but will be shortly, I will be going with the DP Chip.

I have done the exhaust as a precursor to this, I wouldn't chip without it. Big improvement on drivability with just the exhaust so looking forward to when the chip gets done.

Hi DJ,

I have done the exhaust as a precursor to this, I wouldn't chip without it. Big improvement on drivability with just the exhaust so looking forward to when the chip gets done.

Jason is right on the money. Spend your hard earned on a Zorst first. You get better performance up front but most importantly the ability to get those hot gases out quickly. The chip puts more diesel in and more diesel means more heat.

(I just took my chip out as a service is due and gee do I miss it.)

B.H.

ChipExpress for D22

Hi there,

New to the forum and first post.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with the Chipexpress diesel chip?

Purchased one online from the UK after searching the web. Cost was a factor as it sold for around $600 as opposed to around $1500 in Oz.

I haven't fitted it yet (although installation is straight forward) as I'm yet to have my 1000km service!

Any experiences good or bad with the warranty side of things (I was planning on fitting it between services just in case)?

Cheers

Well worth doing both if you intend to keep for a while do your homework with regard to the chip here is the final run on mine stock was 87hp at the wheels

Attachments

• img-211133216-0001.jpg
    img-211133216-0001.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 140
Hi there,

New to the forum and first post.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with the Chipexpress diesel chip?

Purchased one online from the UK after searching the web. Cost was a factor as it sold for around $600 as opposed to around $1500 in Oz.

I haven't fitted it yet (although installation is straight forward) as I'm yet to have my 1000km service!

Any experiences good or bad with the warranty side of things (I was planning on fitting it between services just in case)?

Cheers
is this chip an injector extend (does it plug into each injector) or does it increase fuel rail pressure ??
interested in results

edit
just looked at there website and its a fuel rail chip
be very careful of excesive egt,s
i wouldnt use one
but thats just my opinion
good luck

Last edited:
$1500 is expensive for a fuel pressure chip, yes?
Unchips control injection and there about $1400-$1500 or are they dearer.

just don't get a roo systems and you will be sweet.

safest chip is probably the steinbauer.

Steinbauer just runs it filthy rich per injector cycle for a small gain preasure chips on a commonrail work much better combined with correct dyno setup and a free flowing exhaust you will never see high egt's and get double the power,how many cases of engine failure do you hear as result of the chip?Most of the negative comments i have read over the years are from those too worried to go ahead and chip it

Hey mate, I bought a new STR in 2011 and since owning have done quite a few mods including chip and exhaust, I use the steinbauer chip with a 3" turbo back exhaust. The extra power and torque from the set up is amazing compared to stock and turbo lag is very minimal now as well... After researching almost every chip on the market and speaking to the experts I went with steinbauer as it is pretty much the safest chip on the market, It works of each individual injector rather than cramming a heap more fuel the the rail as alot of the adjustable chips on the market do. The steinbauer chip also has a sensor in the accellorater so when the car is under constant load the chip will back off to look after your engine...... Paid $2600 for both mods and worth every penny

the steinbauer gets the power gains by extending the injector open time without the increase in fuel pump pressure.The fuel pressure chips still put more fuel in by running the fuel pump at a higher pressure,so same result just a different way about it.

Steinbauer is better and safer but lacks the gains of the more well known that if fitted and tuned correctly will outperform it with economy and torque and power,as we know roo are a reseller of tunit

why is the Steinbauer a safer chip ?

Safer because it doesn't up your fuel rail pressure to dangerous levels, if Bosch had designed the rail to deliver extra pressure wouldn't Nissan take advantage of that? the steinbauer method is not filthy as suggested above, just it works on the older style of adding more fuel.

I think people get carried away a bit with the numbers, really you want a 4wd to be as reliable as possible, if your out bush and you melt a piston or blow the fuel rail ect then what?

Steinbauer just runs it filthy rich per injector cycle for a small gain preasure chips on a commonrail work much better combined with correct dyno setup and a free flowing exhaust you will never see high egt's and get double the power,how many cases of engine failure do you hear as result of the chip?Most of the negative comments i have read over the years are from those too worried to go ahead and chip it

the end result for BOTH chips is more fuel = more horsepower
how that extra fuel is delivered is the critical issue in my opinion
both style of chips need egt monitoring due to extra fuel being burn't
i have seen the results of a fuel rail chip failure(colorado/dmax)
injector tip failed due to eccesive pressure
result??
hole in piston
i am not taking that risk when there are better and safer options
injector extend chips keep injector open longer to supply more fuel (at the right time in stroke/timing)
a fuel rail chip may work fine for years and years but when it does fail the results can be a destroyed engine or f#@%ed injector(at $1200 each)

Last edited:
heard it happens with the hilux as well, at best its a new injector as you said, at worst new engine, of which they are way more expensive then a new YD25, some guy on new hilux claims he paid 17k for a new 1KD :confused2:

The Chip Express is installed in-line with each injector.

There are various pre-set levels and it comes set for mid-range (or so the manufacturer claims). Easily set by re-locating a DIL jumper.

With regard to EGT monitoring is there a table / spec for the operating range?

Cheers

With all the pros and cons stated wouldn't chip it dominator be better choice? I can see extended injector pulse duration equating in less fuel atomisation which in turn would give less efficient fuel burn, would it not? An increase of fuel pressure coupled with extended injector opening appeals to me as the best option but I am unable to understand how this can lead to a reduction in fuel consumption? Probably just over thinking it?

Latest posts

Back