Knocking noise in fuel tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneG

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a knock sound coming from the fuel tank. If I rock the car side to side to get the fuel sloshing around, it starts to make a knock as well. I'm guessing its the fuel gauge sender hitting the side of the tank or something like that. Does anyone elses do it?

I'm trying to track down some noises coming from the rear end. If I hit a hard bump or get a bit of vibration up, it produces this knocking sound. One possibility is this noise in the fuel tank. If it turns out that it's normal I won't bother pulling the tank out to look further.

So yeah, was hoping some of you with D22's could give your utes a rock and tell me if you hear a knock too?

Thanks.

No it's definately inside the tank. As when you stop rocking the car, the fuel still sloshes a couple more times and the knock is still there.

One of the baffels inside te tank could of broke loose and the force of the fuel will make it swing around! Drop ur tank next time u get long on fuel take off the top seal and use a torch to look in side.

Latest posts

Back