Nissan Dealer experiences?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennSTR

Reaction score
Im interested to hear about your experiences (good & bad) with your Nissan Dealer, both the Sales and Service departments?

Like, are you offered a loaner car when your Navara is getting serviced?
That sort of thing.

Personally, I'm about to take a huge public dump on my dealer! :angry:

I

Dont name the dealer, as a law suit is possible.

Given your location I have a fair idea of your dealer and the service manager.

Name start with A ?

I know the bloke and dont think much of him, I cant say a good word about them (The dealer) and there staff. I can think of another 2 or 3 people that ended up having to pay thousands because of the service advisor.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont start me on nissan service department....
Cant say a bad word about the sales dude, lots of help. But i hope i run into the service manager in a dark alley somewhere.

i got a loan car when my transfer case was getting fixed.
some of them are good and some are a bunch of nob's.
mine i normally take it to are pretty good cause they know i know about about 4wd's so they can't bullsh!t me. im testing another dealer out as i work in a different town so it's easier to get it to him.
one thing to remember is that they report to nissan about getting stuff covered under warrenty. and if there told no they wont do it. so if ya have a good relationship with them and have a bit of motor sence i think they help ya a bit.
but that's my my 2 cent's and as you guys know i've got some good deals under warrenty lol

Last edited:
I agree with Dave, any posts that name any dealership will be deleted.

why ?

plenty of forums name them and i havn't heard of any being sued.
however i would high advise sticking to the facts rather than just a rant.
they can't sue you for stating the facts.

Because Dylan doesn't need to give anyone reason to file a law suit based on comments by others that could be deemed defamatory, libelous or slanderous.

True, it is untried in Australia, but a few companies have started proceedings against websites/forums based on comments/postings by users.

If someone has had bad service from someone, and their location is close to yours, send them a PM and ask.

Whirlpool has received more than one threat and has a fantastic definition on it's site. To paraphrase:

Defamation

Defamation is a communication (written or spoken words, pictures, graphics, gestures, etc) from one person to another that lowers or harms the reputation of an identifiable third person where the communicator (the publisher) has no lawful defence. The law of defamation aims to balance free speech with the right of an individual to enjoy a reputation free from an indefensible attack. The essence of a defamation action is damage to reputation, not that the publication was untrue, or that it infringed on the privacy of the plaintiff (the person who brings the law suit) or that it upset or hurt the plaintiff’s feelings.

There can be no defamation unless the person about whom the communication is made is identifiable in some way. At its simplest, that will be when the plaintiff is actually named, but even if the plaintiff is not actually named, other information may achieve the same result. For example, the use of a false name may not avoid a communication being defamatory if the plaintiff can be identified by other means.

In all States and Territories of Australia, companies (except for very small, independent ones) and other organisations with a ‘legal personality’ (eg. incorporated associations, trade unions, local councils) cannot sue for defamation.

The key issue in a defamation action is damage to a person’s reputation. The test of whether a communication is defamatory is: ‘Does the communication lower/harm the plaintiff’s reputation, hold the plaintiff up to ridicule, or lead others to shun and avoid the plaintiff?’ This is judged from the viewpoint of ‘ordinary reasonable people in the community in general’ and in light of contemporary standards.

The meaning that is argued over (the ‘imputation’) might not be what the communicator meant to convey. The court will look at what it considers the ordinary reader or viewer could have understood the communication to mean. This may differ from what both the plaintiff and the defendant think.

Even if something is, at first glance, defamatory, there are several important defences under the law of defamation. In the main, these defences include:

1. Honest opinion (previously known as fair comment)
2. Justification/Truth
3. Triviality
4. Fair reporting
5. Innocent dissemination

Before you Post

• Consider the context of what you are saying. What meanings arise? Might they be defamatory? Try to put yourself in the position of potential plaintiffs.
• Check who is identified. Just because you refer to someone by their Whirlpool user name doesn’t mean there aren’t people who know the real identity behind the user name.
• Is your post adding any value to the discussion? Consider the benefits of posting against the risk of being sued for defamation; in any Court case, you will have to take responsibility for what you have said.
• What defences might be relevant? If it is meant to be comment, ensure that it is clearly identified as such (for example by adding “In my opinion …” and that the facts on which it is based are stated or obvious). Try to focus on issues rather than personalities.
• If you want to argue that the defamatory imputations are true, how will you prove it? Remember proof has to be to the stringent standards demanded by a court.

What if you think you have been defamed?

• Herring the post and/or contact a moderator. Explain what you think is defamatory and why you think so. Moderators will review the posts, and remove threads or posts as required under Whirlpool’s own forum rules. Moderators may also seek the advice of Whirlpool’s legal team.
• If you believe there are specific users making inappropriate comments about a person or business, please provide any additional information that may be helpful in verifying whether this person is in fact doing so maliciously. This information will also assist in determining how best to deal with the user in question.
• Take the time to politely post a response that puts your (alternate) point of view.

See also: Whirlpool Legal Threats Policy

References:

: The Law of Defamation- For Material Published After 1 January 2006
News Alert - New uniform defamation laws

Getting back on topic i can honestly say my service centre is a joke.
Charging me for labour that should be covered under warranty and after lots of arguing and some common sense from the service manager they have agreed to refund me the money . They take forever to get spare parts to me and never have the car ready on time.
It's no wonder i bought elsewhere !

I only dealt with two Nissan dealers when buying and won't take any of my cars back to a genuine dealer for servicing, ever.

The first dealer I saw used all the hard sell tactics he could and really pissed us off. Told us if we thought about it overnight it would be gone when we came back etc etc, also told us we wouldnt get one for under 45k. We walked into another dealer at Petrie Qld at about quarter to 5 on a friday afternoon, said to him 'We want a D40, we know what extra's we want, we have test driven it, we have a deposit here, if you can sell us one for $43k driveaway we will buy it.' He came back and said "How does $42 1/2 sound?" From there he was great too, I would go straight back there if I was ever in the market again.

As for the not naming names, I give Dylan and Dave full support, Sure nothing may ever come of it, but its not us with our nuts on the line, its them. I'd hate to see them making history as the first ones dragged through court.

Dont name the dealer, as a law suit is possible.

Given your location I have a fair idea of your dealer and the service manager.

Name start with A ?

I know the bloke and dont think much of him, I cant say a good word about them (The dealer) and there staff. I can think of another 2 or 3 people that ended up having to pay thousands because of the service advisor.

Dave.

Dave, i have to agree i have heard a few stories about that dealership and the service manager, even the staff dont get along with him.

Guys, I purchased my "08 D40 STX from my local Nissan dealer earlier this year. It had 14,500 ks on the clock with all the bells. Took it back to the dealer for a 20,000ks service last month, all went well they even washed & vact it. But what was surprising was the dealer's service dept rang me 3 days later to find out if I was happy with the service & was there anything that I thought could be improved on... Not bad follow up I thought...

I'd be banned for life in this forum if i put in words my thoughts about manufacturers and service managers
:suicide:

hey guys, i bought a towbar secondhand for my navara but it needed a fitting kit (bolts etc..) so i went down to one of the main dealerships in my town. the bloke down in the parts department was a genuine waste of space. i asked him for the kit and straight up he told me there was no such thing. then i told him there was and convinced him to look it up which seemed a massive effort for him. after another 5 minutes of struggling i convinced him to order the kit in. i dont understand why it would be such an effort when its his job to do this.

anyway not long after that experience brisbane got swamped by those floods and the parts department down there ended up in a few feet of water. karma?

hey guys, i bought a towbar secondhand for my navara but it needed a fitting kit (bolts etc..) so i went down to one of the main dealerships in my town. the bloke down in the parts department was a genuine waste of space. i asked him for the kit and straight up he told me there was no such thing. then i told him there was and convinced him to look it up which seemed a massive effort for him. after another 5 minutes of struggling i convinced him to order the kit in. i dont understand why it would be such an effort when its his job to do this.

anyway not long after that experience brisbane got swamped by those floods and the parts department down there ended up in a few feet of water. karma?

Didn't you know, when you're using the parts software, everytime you press a key or click the mouse, a small electrical shock is administered to the user's left testicle? :idea:

Did you buy your car from them, or get it serviced there? If not, then you are considered to be not worth the time. Wreckers treat you the same way no matter what.

haha nah i didnt buy my car new, nor would i ever take it there for servicing. funny how some businesses work..

Guys, I purchased my "08 D40 STX from my local Nissan dealer earlier this year. It had 14,500 ks on the clock with all the bells. Took it back to the dealer for a 20,000ks service last month, all went well they even washed & vact it. But what was surprising was the dealer's service dept rang me 3 days later to find out if I was happy with the service & was there anything that I thought could be improved on... Not bad follow up I thought...

They use to ring me up and ask me what i thought of the service...they stopped once i started complaining.

Hi Guys

My local Nissan dealer really good.No problems with the service or spares dept.They always call if they find something wrong (wife has an x-trail).It helps when you have a dad , brother and few mates who mechanics

Shane

well guy's i have change dealer as i work in another town and they have been gfood so far.
they replaced the crankshaft seal and draglink under warrenty

Hi Guys

My local Nissan dealer really good.No problems with the service or spares dept.They always call if they find something wrong (wife has an x-trail).It helps when you have a dad , brother and few mates who mechanics

Shane

My experience is similar. My local dealer is very good.

Back