2 Weeks off, where would you go from Melb?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maho

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

We just picked up a secondhand Tru Blu camper trailer on the weekend, and a pretty keen to start using it. We are planning a 2 week trip late July, leaving from Melbourne.

Question is, how far north do we need to go to get some half decent sunshine that time of the year?

We have 2 kids under 3, so dont want to do to many big days driving. We would love to camp and fish by a few rivers while we are away also, so what do people recommend?

I've heard the Edward river and the Murrumbidgee rivers are pretty good to camp by. Thoughts?

Well done on the buy. Sounds like a great idea and im sure you will have a great time. I dont know the north very well. But if you wanted to head a little east taking a costal route before going north. Places like Petmans beach, Corringle, Cape Conran, Bemm river, Tamboon, Mallacoota. Are all great spots and on the water and are with in a days drive from Melbourne. Or more bush around Errinundra, Delegate, Bombala are all great spots With plenty of trout fishing although they would be rather cold in July. I no its not north but could maybe head thet way before going north. I have no idea on your plans but it is just a few ideas. Anyway enjoy your trip no matter where you head

Any suggestions are welcome Hosery, I will look into those places.

I think we will go reasonably hard for the first few days to get north, but there's only a certain amount on "hard" you can can go when there's a 2 1/2 yr old and 14 month old in the back!!

I reckon I can take about 16-17 days off (I work for myself so it's a bit easier!), and the wife works part time.

I'm getting excited just thinking about it.....2 weeks+ solid camping.....escaping the cold.....fishing with my boy.......just need to work out where to go!!

Bemm River, bugger all people, shit hot fishing, and only a pub in town to stop you from fishing. Works great, breakfast, fishing, pub lunch, fishing, pub dinner, pub till close, sleep and repeat.

Oh didn't see the kids bit, forget Bemm River there is nothing there for them.

Follow the murray from echuca through to swan hill/kyalite, then you could follow the edwards or wakool. there all north of melbourne so the days should be nice, nights would still be chilly

flinders ranges is a great spot but be a bit chilly at night this time of year so good to get a fire going. heaps to do and some good 4wding

Bemm River and Jamieson both look good, but we might save those for summer when its a bit warmer.

We are thinking maybe going through Echuca, then up to Hay, after that were not sure.

Fraser Island would be good, not sure if it would take us to long to get up there with the kids in the back ( if we can three hours drive at a time we're usually happy with that!). Plus our D40 is still stock at th mo, apart from UHF and dual battery. How do you think it would go with no lift, standard tyres and no winch? Could be a reciepe for disaster!

Latest posts

Back