N16 Pulsar, Suzuki Jimny, 2L Vitara ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Anyone have any experience with these 2 vehicles ?

I am looking at cutting the km's on the D22 abit, if I get a Pulsar the D22 with get the duties of driving in the kangeroo prone ares.

A Jimny looks good though, bullbar and spotties can be easily fitted.

A SVG420 Vitara is also a consideration.

Dave.

Anyone have any experience with these 2 vehicles ?

I am looking at cutting the km's on the D22 abit, if I get a Pulsar the D22 with get the duties of driving in the kangeroo prone ares.

A Jimny looks good though, bullbar and spotties can be easily fitted.

A SVG420 Vitara is also a consideration.

Dave.

Go the N16 mate, if you get a jimny you might want to start modding it lol.
and do you really need 2 4wd's?

Sorry for the late reply.

Mate gave me a business proposition over the weekend.

Gonna look into that at the moment.

Dave.

I have owned everything but the n16, jimny and vitara are great little cars, the jimny is smallish inside with a not so good driving position, the vitara is totally opposite, both engines have plenty of power whilst still being great on fuel, the running gear is strong as long as not too many mods are done.

cheers mark.

Hmm, doing some figures last night on what I spend a week.

Really considering a brand new Jimny.

Dave.

$20,000 on road.

$21,000 with Alloys and $1000 voucher for ARB.

So pretty good buy, I ain't selling the Nav. Cant really seeing myself ever selling it.

7.3L/100km's is pretty good.

I have another set of HID globes at home, so need Ballasts .

A bullbar will be payed for with the $1000 bonus. A set of Narva 225's and HID'd aswell will be a little extra.

Dave.

So last night I was adding up all the money I spend on a average week.

About $500 I added up that I could easily cut down on, it could well be the push I need to quit smoking.

Dave.

old thread, relevant question for me anyways....

My brother wants either a Jimny of Grand Vitara (leaning to the Jimny). Dealers (who are useless at knowing anything about their products) have said the GV has a central diff lock and the Jimny has a diff lock that engages when in low 4WD. I have loked everywhere to see if this is true or not. Nothing on Suzuki websites, jimny forums, etc

I know ARB do a kit for them. Does anyone know anything about these 2 cars and provide some decent advice on the Jimny in particular.

And before people start paying out on Jimny's there's a few good youtube vids going round:
YouTube - ‪Offroad trip around Veliko Tarnovo 03.01.2010‬‏
YouTube - ‪Monster Jimny 4x4 at play‬‏
YouTube - ‪Jimny Offroad around Veliko Tarnovo 10.01.2010‬‏

And on youtube, some vids you can see the diff spinning unequal power so this has been adding some confusion

any help much appreciated, cheers

Lj

And before people start paying out on Jimny's there's a few good youtube vids going round:

Nah Zooks are sick. About all you could say is the older ones are better. Sounds like the dealer means the Jimny is a part time 4x4 and fully locks the front axle to the rear axle when in 4x4

yes - definately part time 4wd on a Jimny. Not sure what you mean by locks front to rear axils? with some type of centre diff lock? just checking terminologies

cheers

Same as a Navara - there's no centre differential but when you slip it into 4x4 the transfer case locks the output of the front driveshaft and the rear driveshaft together; if you were a numpty car dealer and comparing this to the GV, you could say it's like locking the centre differential on a GV.

Latest posts

Back