Installing STX 550 hard lid

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Converge

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just won myself a full tub from a 2012 ST-X 550 on eBay, all I really want to install on my ST is the hard lid and sports bar, it should be pretty straight forward, but I'm just curious to know how I (should) hook up the interior light under the lid and sports bar brake light?

I'll be picking it up tomorrow (so obviously I don't have it yet), just looking for some early tips.

Cheers

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 141
I just got rid of the hard lid from my STX 550, from memory there is a 4 pin plug which does the interior LED, and the central locking and a negative, can't remember the pin configuration. There is also a wire connected on one of the gas struts which when disconnected the LED doesn't work. I guess that the struts closing make the LED turn off.
I personally wouldn't bother connecting the LED as its not much use anyway, get some LED strips mounted up on the sides, loads better.

As for the brake light, its a 2pin connector separate to the lid stuff, just parallel it to your brake lights somewhere.

Rich

I just got rid of the hard lid from my STX 550, from memory there is a 4 pin plug which does the interior LED, and the central locking and a negative, can't remember the pin configuration. There is also a wire connected on one of the gas struts which when disconnected the LED doesn't work. I guess that the struts closing make the LED turn off.
I personally wouldn't bother connecting the LED as its not much use anyway, get some LED strips mounted up on the sides, loads better.

As for the brake light, its a 2pin connector separate to the lid stuff, just parallel it to your brake lights somewhere.

Rich

Thanks for that, I guess I'll just try to get the central locking and brake light working.

:cheers!:

Last edited:
When it stops pissing down i'll try and get you some info on pin configuration, I'm guessing one is for the 12V+ to lock, one is 12V+ to open. Just a guess though as all I did was unplug it. I have used the permanent 12V+ to power 3x 1meter LED strips in my canopy via a normal switch, they are awesome

When it stops pissing down i'll try and get you some info on pin configuration, I'm guessing one is for the 12V+ to lock, one is 12V+ to open. Just a guess though as all I did was unplug it. I have used the permanent 12V+ to power 3x 1meter LED strips in my canopy via a normal switch, they are awesome

If I was to tap into the brake light power, wouldn't the brake light come on when the parkers are on as well?

Side lights & Brake lights are different, side lights don't come on when you brake during the day. If you have trailer plug wired it might be easier to tap into that.

I'll put a meter on the 4pin plug in the tray and let you know what does what, got a heap of stuff to get out first.

at a guess you will need to wire into the solenoids that lock & unlock the doors, so the same happens inside the lid when you press the button. I have to say, it is an incredibly handy thing having it on the central locking

Side lights & Brake lights are different, side lights don't come on when you brake during the day. If you have trailer plug wired it might be easier to tap into that.

I'll put a meter on the 4pin plug in the tray and let you know what does what, got a heap of stuff to get out first.

at a guess you will need to wire into the solenoids that lock & unlock the doors, so the same happens inside the lid when you press the button. I have to say, it is an incredibly handy thing having it on the central locking

Yep, found the wire for the brake lights, was going to wire it up tomorrow, I do have a trailer plug though, I might wire into that if it's easier.

That would be great if you could get some info on the plug, much appreciated!

Got the LED brake light sorted today, tapped into the trailer plug wire.

I think I might have an idea on what wire/pin is what,

RED = LED light power

BLACK= Ground for central locking

Brown = Central Locking Lock/Unlock

Orange? (Can't remember) = Central Locking, Lock/Unlock

Sorry mate haven't had a chance to dig through the shit stacked up in the back of my ute yet, as soon as i get a chance i'll post up some findings

Got it figured, as you look at the plug, pins showing with the little catch thing on top it's like this:
Top left- 12v+ (LED)
Top Right- Negative
Bottom left- Unlock 12v+ (1second on unlock)
Bottom Right- Lock 12v+ (1second on lock)

Colours are:
12v+ Red
Negative Black
Unlock Brown
Lock Orange

Remember I'm talking Colours of cables in car, don't have the lid anymore, might be different, I've given you pin configuration as you have it, my end is opposite if you get what i mean

Rich

Got it figured, as you look at the plug, pins showing with the little catch thing on top it's like this:
Top left- 12v+ (LED)
Top Right- Negative
Bottom left- Unlock 12v+ (1second on unlock)
Bottom Right- Lock 12v+ (1second on lock)

Colours are:
12v+ Red
Negative Black
Unlock Brown
Lock Orange

Remember I'm talking Colours of cables in car, don't have the lid anymore, might be different, I've given you pin configuration as you have it, my end is opposite if you get what i mean

Rich

Many thanks for that, much appreciated!

How did you find fitting a stx hard cover to a st?

I'm assuming the stx was a Spanish one and your st is Thai.

How did you find fitting a stx hard cover to a st?

I'm assuming the stx was a Spanish one and your st is Thai.

Wasn't very hard at all, pretty straight forward, although I did have the 2nd tub with all the holes already, just had to mark and drill.

Lid came off a 2012 Spain ST-X, mine is also a 2012 Spain build, but obviously a ST. :top:

Hi All,

sorry to dig up an old thread.. I have an 2014 Titanium with a hard lid with the plug not wired up / plug in for central locking and led lights.

does anyone know if the Wiring Harness on the car side is "factory" under/in the car somewhere or do I need to buy or build a harness ?

thanks

It’s an old thread I know, but I’m trying to use the existing 4 pin plug to power a Narva 5w LED light but I have no power at all from the plug.
I removed my hard lid 3 years ago and the plug has just been tucked up away above the tie down rails. The light was working prior to being disconnected.
Any idea how to trouble shoot this one?
I’ve tried with the ignition on and off and with Neville running and not a single volt is detected??
I’ve checked every fuse and they are all complete??
I stripped the red and black just for testing and I’ll tidy it all up if I can get it running.
Any suggestions??
Thanks.

Attachments

• 45099851-C4B0-4AF1-AABF-B50E8F2B2922.jpeg
    45099851-C4B0-4AF1-AABF-B50E8F2B2922.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
Yes the brake lights are working, interesting development, when I use the indicators the trailer lights warning light also flashes on the dash?
I did check all the fuses and they all seemed to be intact

Latest posts

Back