Spotty Choices?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobys

Reaction score
I am about to replace the lights on my D21 as one of them is Cracked.
They are Narva pencil beams and about 6 inch.
Am going to go for something bigger and brighter, what are peoples thoughts on brands, sizes and do I go for twin pencils or one pencil, one broad beam.
thanks in advance.Steve

I have Hella rallyeye 4000 I like them not the cheapest but a good strong light, neighbor runs them on all 4 of his trucks. Cleaned a roo up and broke the tab off on the bullbar but I shit you not the lght was fine

I got 2 spreads and one pencil. I prefer spreads can see the sides of the roads better. But that's just me. I run 3 240 blitzes

I had two blitz240s but they stuck too far out in front of the bull bar for my liking, so I swapped them for a set of rectangle ipf9000 among other things. The light is great out of these (1 spot 1 spread) and the hid conversion kit is half price compared to the light force one.
eBay has some cracker deals on spotties, there were some 7 inch and 9 inch hid ones for around $200.

I have a Combo set of IPF900 XS rounds. Brilliant set of lights :)
They put the Narva 175 rounds set that are on the work ute to shame... but they are both spreads where i have a combo set. Regardless, the IPFs are awesome.

Rallyeye 4000 and blitz240's? thanks fella's. will look them up.
With HID on head lights? as in conversion, does that work ok when you have to keep dipping to low beam for oncoming traffic etc?

i got lightforce but wouldnt buy them again they get condensation build up inside the lenses and now the reflector on the back of the light has started to fall off

Just put narva 225's on mine,1spot,1spread.$310 off e bay with a loom.
A mate of mine bought two spreads because he is going to hid them and his
thinking is that once they have hid they will have the range of a spot and a massive spread.

If wired up correctly Can a Pair of 100w broad beams and a pair of 100 pencils be installed and not cause too much drain on the battery and or alternator.Because I reckon that would give good vision at night.

Lightforce Genisis here, one spread, other pencil and impressed with there performance. Better than the RooLite 180's I previously had. Although the Roolite is good for the money.

Candllepower per dollar the 240 Blitz is hard to go past but on a D21/22 there going to look like WW2 searchlights hanging off the front.

I have Hella rallyeye 4000 I like them not the cheapest but a good strong light, neighbor runs them on all 4 of his trucks. Cleaned a roo up and broke the tab off on the bullbar but I shit you not the lght was fine

I have a set of hella rally 4000 as above awesome mounting brackets easy to adjust and hid compatiable if you want to upgrade at a later date .

In a spread and spot (adjusted correctly ) you will have pecfert vision up to 500metres.

I would easily buy another set if something happen to them.

Ps If you buy good lights you will only need one set for the highway driving.
That is my 10 cents worth !hope that helps :thank_you2::thank_you2:

I have the Blitz 240s on the nav. Have had the same set of lights for almost 8 years now. Main thing about LightForce lights is you can easy change the lenses from spread to spot just by changing the cover. The other thing the Lightforce can do that others cant is you can actually focus the lights .Yes they may look like WW2 searchlights but you have to remember the shape and size of the reflector is what will make or break a light .The larger the dia and deeper the reflector the better the beam in theory.

but on a D21/22 there going to look like WW2 searchlights hanging off the front.
LOL @ WW2. thanks for the input. will take on board and let you's know what I end up with. :)
Will mainly be driving on hwy and country roads

Last edited:
Aussie Frontier said:
I have the Blitz 240s on the nav. Have had the same set of lights for almost 8 years now.

my dad has had a set of light force light on his pajero for the last 13+years, he still can't fault them, never had to replace a bulb, never had any dramas with them what so ever and he still reckons the light quality is the same as the day they were made.

Roo light 240,s
Waterproof and great range
And $150 cheaper than lightforce

Last edited:
Back