Body Lift question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnotherJason

Reaction score
So I want to put a 2" body lift at the front and a 1" at the back? and QLD won't have a problem with this, right?

(and where can I find a Tonneau support bar for my D40?)

um...why? it's gonna look super dodge with the front sitting 1" higher, none of the moulded body panels will line up, and if you wanna put a canopy on later, the roof line isn't gonna line up.

you've gotta get the approval from the TMR to put a body lift in anyway, so why not do it properly (and evenly?)

It's to fix my 2" lift. My bull bar is pulling down my front. I can see how having a uneven body lift might be bad, but I would just like some feedback if it actually is.

AnotherJason said:
It's to fix my 2" lift. My bull bar is pulling down my front. I can see how having a uneven body lift might be bad, but I would just like some feedback if it actually is.

Get heavy duty torsion bars mate...

A body lift is gonna do nothing to fix your suspension lift, except make you truck look weird, your bullbar is still gonna pull down the front of your truck.

Pure much better off investing is a good quality 2" kit and as mentioned, HD torsion bars.

Get heavy duty torsion bars mate...

d40's are coil front end guys, just buy heavy duty front springs or coil spacers.

im thinking you have strut spacers and body lift blocks mixed up if your looking to correct the way its sitting/level out you will need strut spacers not a body lift blocks. body lift is only really used to fit 33's on by lifting the cabin up.

coil strut spacers = level out suspension
body lift blocks = lift cabin upwards

so yeh if you need to level out get coil strut spacers or heavy duty coils.
keep in mind if you use the spacers and you have a lift already you will get coil hat contact. (use the search function to look up going above a 2" lift)

Mate an uneven body lift is dodge and would look like shit. as mentioned bullbar will not line up properly the gap between the tub or tray and the back wall of your ute wont be even and will look like you have a bent chassis. it just has no written all over it.
Body lift blocks would have to be cut on the correct angles to allow for the angle your cab will sit on otherwise it will fuckout body mounts quickly and possibly cause cracking of the body where it meets the mounts. every way you look at it its just wrong imo

Mate an uneven body lift is dodge and would look like shit. as mentioned bullbar will not line up properly the gap between the tub or tray and the back wall of your ute wont be even and will look like you have a bent chassis. it just has no written all over it.
Body lift blocks would have to be cut on the correct angles to allow for the angle your cab will sit on otherwise it will fuckout body mounts quickly and possibly cause cracking of the body where it meets the mounts. every way you look at it its just wrong imo

holes wouldnt line up if you cut blocks on angle, angle of the thread wouldnt let it go in.

the only answer to this problem is what i said, coil hat spacers/spacer rings you put around the strut. or new heavy duty springs

only other possible fix is new rear springs, if its that bad youve probably gone constant load back springs and dont have them loaded, rememeber there a 2" lift "when loaded" the spring will go up slightly when unloaded.

holes wouldnt line up if you cut blocks on angle, angle of the thread wouldnt let it go in.

the only answer to this problem is what i said, coil hat spacers/spacer rings you put around the strut. or new heavy duty springs

only other possible fix is new rear springs, if its that bad youve probably gone constant load back springs and dont have them loaded, rememeber there a 2" lift "when loaded" the spring will go up slightly when unloaded.

If you leave the bolt running vertical you only need to trim one end off on an angle so the bolt hole will still be straight. that said i do agree fix the original problem dont try and mask it with another halfass fix

Latest posts

Back