performance chips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steinbauer chips make them haul arse!

combine it with a bigger exhaust and you will have around 160kw and near on 500nm!

Running a DP chip from berrima diesel & have found it awesome. Their service & support is also first rate.
Turbo spools up quicker making it easier to drive & there is even an improvement in economy. Haven't touched the exhaust yet but haven't felt the need either.

Thanks for that, are there any suppliers in SA?
Whats the cost? And does it improve the economy, currently struggling to get under 10l per 100k

Hi Barossa

Numerous threads on this subject that you can read. That said I got a Tunit Chip fitted and it made a great deal of difference. The Steinbauer chip is probably the best around, BUT it is hard wired to the throttle sensor making it hard to remove (and hide) from the Nissan dealer when you get it serviced. That is why got the Tunit as it plug and play and develops a little more power and torque than the DP and I can remove it in 15mins (just as I did this week) for a service.

These chips work by squirting more diesel in. More diesel equals more heat so before you install a chip I'd strongly recommend you get a nice big exhaust fitted to help your D40 quickly expel that extra heat.

Anyway thats my view.

Boss

Latest posts

Back