fuel tank and economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navman_dave

Reaction score
hey all,
every time i go to fill up i only seem to get 45L out of a tank and supposedly the tank is 60L. i have always run this thing to empty before filling. did they come out with a smaller tank or do i have a problem?

also ive been getting a max 300Km a tank. i have changed the oil, fuel filter and driven like a old lady. anybody beat this?

The gauge can be a bit shit. Carry a jerry can with you and run it till stall, you should get 60L back into it. There were no tanks smaller than 60.

15L/100km is terrible, but not out of the question for that engine. I don't know zip about the petrol engine, sorry I can't help more.

Which engine is it? You must be a mind reader Pro-Nav!
My old Z24 use to get about 17-18L/100km, just around the traps. Pretty awful. It was pretty stuffed, though. The old D21s are beasts, about 2tonne unloaded, so the four-bangers really are a little underpowered for them.
I threw a KA24e in mine, and for more power, I get about 13L/100km, which is still pretty terrible.

I like it, but.

WHAT?? Based on how much you can fit into it or the size in the manual?

Based on how much I fit into it, although I've never run it dry.
My manual is from the states, and has a number of differences to my car, such as electronic ignition, so I don't put a lot of credence in that.

I've got the dual cab. Is it possible it has a smaller fuel tank than a single cab?

Based on how much I fit into it, although I've never run it dry.
My manual is from the states, and has a number of differences to my car, such as electronic ignition, so I don't put a lot of credence in that.

I've got the dual cab. Is it possible it has a smaller fuel tank than a single cab?

Of course, my fuel gauge could also be stuffed :embarassed:

Australian manual for 4x4 / 4x2 quotes 80L or 60L, depending on vehicle. The tank in a single cab is bigger than that in a dual cab. I could get 65 from my "gauge" reading empty to the tank being full when I had a single cab tank. Now I have a dual cab tank.

you know if the navara is unchanged, then my formans d22 ka24de should be the same, its a 60L tank, he always runs it to empty and he always gets 60 back in. so fuel guage, fuel pump etc could be faulty? is there anyway to fix/replace

Lots of ways to fix/replace. Drop the tank out and pull the sender out of the top of the tank. Hook it up with engine off, ignition on, and play with the float. If it's reading wrong, well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I guess I'll be keeping the jerry can in the Nav for the next week just to see!

Shame I commute to work on highway 1.

Oops

Yeah, just looked in the original owner's handbook. Still in the glove box!
Says a 60L tank. Guess the gauge is a bit wobbly after all.

BTW, said petrol should be min 92RON. Does that mean old Z24s should be on premium? Normal unleaded is only 91.

And what about my '99 KA24E?

Ive run my nav to stall previously, just to see how many K's I get get out of the tank (310 thats baaad), was a while ago now but Im pretty sure she only took 50L to fill.

Pinelli your ka24e will be fine 91ron, but with the Z24 Ive been putting flash lube in every second tank just to be sure.

It could be the angle that my tray puts the filler. My 2" body lift will fix that though.

Yeah, that's true. Even when mine was a top-fill in the tray, I couldn't get the full 80L into it, but then I'd never run it dry because running a diesel dry is no fun.

Back