2wd lift, can it be done?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navman_dave

Reaction score
a few days ago i found a set of kia carnival rims (16x6 1/2") and thought i might chuck em on the nava, then i had a discussion with the boys at work and they said go sunrasias and lift it. they suggested raising the shackle height and doing up the torsion bars. i dont know much about suspension except replacing it. i've seen lift kits advertised on ebay but for 4wd d21. im looking for a cheap way to give a bit of height and bigger rims and wheels from the stock 195r14.

Interesting concept. The 4x4 has a massive headstart on the 4x2 (50mm body lift, roughly 100mm suspension difference) so you have a lot of ground to cover to come close.

To fit those wheels, consider starting with a 50mm body lift. You'll enter a world of pain sourcing long fine thread bolts though.

You could do a spring-over conversion at the back to put the axle under the leaves rather than over. Extended shackles suck a bit, that's all, and to get really effective lift they have to be so long that Mr Plod will have your ass.

You can crank your torsions at the front all you want because you don't have CVs to worry about, but you'll need to get a wheel alignment afterwards.

Last edited:
By the way, had you considered tidying up your 4x2, selling it privately for a neat profit and buying a 4x4 with the proceeds? I know it sounds lame but that would be considerably cheaper and less painful.

And I know what I'm talking about re making life easier, I was the one stupid enough to do a cab swap instead of buying a 4x4 chassis and swapping in my motor/trans. :suicide:

Back