D40 lift advise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revkev91

Reaction score
I have a 2007 turbo diesel Spanish built Stx. It is stock with a factory bull bar and tow bar. I really want to lift it about 2" but not sure what it should do. I have been offer a tough dog lift kit brand new for $1100. But i have been warned to be careful with that kit. Then i found the snake racing 50mm strut spacers and extension shackles, i talked to a 4wd place and they said the best would be old man emu springs with bilstein shocks. Im new to 4wd driving can you please help me with what would be the best way to set it up. Also will the lift kits make the car stiff and uncomfortable to drive on the road as it is my daily driver.

Snake spacers and extended shackels are illigal in most states for on road use.... i have tough dog on mine.. it spoiled the ride on road untill i added a canopy draws and a heap of weight now about the same as factory ride. the adjustable shocks are good. old man emus and bilsteen are good brands but i think they will be big $$$... unless you go 4wd it probably isnt worth the money.... hope this helps you decide....

I've just had a tough dog kit fitted to my 07 STX and it did stiffen the ride until i put some weight in the back. I went the medium spings in the back as it is my daily drive as well but i needed something stiffer than standard for when i go camping and load her up.
For that price i'd go the tough dog, just check the rear sping rating and the front springs are heavy duty as you have the bullbar.
FYI it cost me $2200 fitted.
Good luck and get it dirty!!

My tough dog kit was $1700. $1100 is bloody cheap, you couldn't even buy a ironman kit for that. You need too get the spring too suit the amount of weight you will be carrying, if you don't have any extras and carry nothing all the time and get the medium springs, the the ride will be real stiff and it will lift the vehicle higher then intended and you will run you shock at max strock instead of in the middle.

Last edited:
inb4 a million people say "use the search" but yeah, try have a search on the site, you'll learn heaps.
but llandnar pretty much answered it all. You'd probably just run medium springs if its your daily and don't have a steel bull bar. It'll still feel like ur stock car

Have you had a look at SAX SUSPENSION yet had it in my d40 for 10 months now and its brilliant,dont forget you only get what you pay for.

As stated, extended shackles are illegal - in all states and territories, as far as I know.

We're getting a 40mm lift in ours - 2009 STX, currently standard height. Mine's getting dual-rate rear springs (Old Man Emu Dakar) so that unloaded it drives smoothly, and loaded it can handle the weight.

50mm is the max you can legally raise it in most states, but if you do want more height you can get larger tyres (I think 265/75R16 is the largest legal tyre - it's 40mm larger in diameter than the stock 255/70R16) and if you want to spend the coin because the lift IS important to you, just get an engineer to cert it (may require a lane change test, usually have to hire an airport runway for this!).

Back