R they the same

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardy D40

Reaction score
Ive done a site search and cant find anything. I bought some standard alloys off a mates 09 rx d40 I have a 06 stx d40 are they the same will they even fit on mine if not does some1 want 2 buy them :)

What were you searching for, the topic has come up hundreds of times?

And yes i know I didn't answer the question but seriously if you can't find that topic in a search you need help searching not with tyres.

09 rx d40 wheels, offset, stx rx offset and about 99billion other things so tell me what to search for or should I put a post up about that and get told 2 search for it

Firstly you should always try an "Advanced search" it searches what's in the posts not just the thread titles, this makes for more search results which may waste some valuable time but because people make up such non-descriptive thread titles it is becoming an essential part of searching.

Second point obviously not related to how you searched but for all users is that descriptive thread titles is a must especially for technical threads.

I found what you needed on about the 3rd result using the "advanced search" but I did have to read what was posted the thread topic was not a distinct give away.

Short answer is yes they fit, long answer is that because the offset is difference it may not be advisable, but you can make up your own mind as many will tell you that it's fine, especially those trying to sell rims that are not the same offset.

Thank you I did try 2 find it myself even manually going through the pages looking

You did pick a topic which is well discussed but unfortunately it's a topic where people just wont use informative titles in their threads. A lot of the time it's because they are a little annoyed at not finding the answer and sometimes it's just because they don't think about why they couldn't find the answer they wanted. Many threads with the answer to the offset questions are titled something completely different.

There is a lot of threads on this forum and that basic search box near the top of the screen is pointless for searching anything but topics so if searching for something like "RX rims on an STX" unless there is a topic with those words in it the results are going to be very limited or inaccurate. An advanced search looks in each post for those same words and therefore find more results but usually those results are more targeted.

We can't make people use the advanced search and we can't make people use informative thread titles in technical threads but the more people we get doing it the easier this forum will be to use.

What I don't get is, if you bought them already, couldn't you just go outside and try to fit one? A definitive answer would be hard to avoid.

They r still in his storage shed otherwise I would n I would have just checked the offset print on the inside.gee wiz there is some criteria 2 tick off b4 u post something on this forum. Thanks kraftyPg I'll use the advanced search now like u said I was having no joy with the normal 1 I know 4 next time now.

Last edited:
Think of it as an education more so than meeting a criteria. Yeah sometimes comments can seem a little harsh and can be read the wrong way but in most cases they aren't meant to be.

Questions like the one you pose above, "which exhaust", "what's the best chip" and "what tyres can I fit" come up so often on this forum because people DON'T search that sometimes it really does pay to tell them how to find things on their own with the hope that next time they will help themselves. However there are some people in forum world who always expect others to search for the information they want rather than spend 5 minutes looking for it themselves, no one can help those people but maybe some of the other people can still be helped.

Of course ultimately the search engine can only do what it's programmed to do and it's not programmed to understand what people mean when they title a topic "need help" and down the line people get frustrated and bitch that the search engine is useless when infact it's not the search engine it's the users making the topics. Your point is quite valid, from the perspective of a basic search engine your question was not adequately answered, an advanced search worked a little better but not everyone knows to use that extra bit of help, but with a gentle prod every now and again maybe more people will. And one day we can work on getting the topics worded better :big_smile:

would be a very informative site if everyone just searched and read rather than posted their point of view, question or concern.

I know I log on to read the new posts, would be boring if no one posted anything in fear of being told to search.

It would have taken far less time to simply answer the question and comment to search next time rather than offend people by telling them to search harder.

Not trying to stir the pot but aren't we all here for the same reason?

It would have taken far less time to simply answer the question and comment to search next time rather than offend people by telling them to search harder.

Not trying to stir the pot but aren't we all here for the same reason?

And how much time would it take the next time the person asks for someone else to do their leg work, and the time after that, and the time after that all because they either don't know how to search or they refuse to help themselves? It also pays to remember that often those answering the questions have used the search function to find those answers, the same method the person asking the question could use.

As for people getting offended, seriously if someone gets offended at being offered assistance rather than pampered the issue isn't with the person offering assistance.

We are also here to help people, offering assistance by means of suggesting to use the search function, or how better to use the search function is as much a part of helping as simply giving away an answer. Ok some people get uppity about being told what to do rather than being told the answers but at the end of the day someone taught to search will hopefully get better results next time they try it. Someone spoon feed for their whole life will never learn to do things for themselves.

There is a difference between stirring the pot and a discussion, no ones stirring the pot here but there is two sides to the argument and many either don't know the second side or aren't willing to admit it's there. And yes we are all here for the same reason but some people seem to think others are here purely to do their leg work for them.

There is a difference between stirring the pot and a discussion

Below is not an example of a discussion. :rofl2:

index.php

my point is some people know their way around computers better than others. helping others with the search function is great and a simple yes, no or not quite sure would have been helpful also.

I know I have found this site to be an informative one and I would hate to see people hold back from asking or providing information because a handful want to crucify for not using the search function to its capacity.

A well written tutorial from someone who is a wizz with computers on 'how to use the search function' would help those in need. I am sure those that need help with searching would be thankful and then it would not have to be repeated in similar posts.

I am not a genius with a computer but do know a little, and before posting I did do a quick search for a tutorial on the search function with no luck so please no flaming.

my point is some people know their way around computers better than others. helping others with the search function is great and a simple yes, no or not quite sure would have been helpful also.

I know I have found this site to be an informative one and I would hate to see people hold back from asking or providing information because a handful want to crucify for not using the search function to its capacity.

A well written tutorial from someone who is a wizz with computers on 'how to use the search function' would help those in need. I am sure those that need help with searching would be thankful and then it would not have to be repeated in similar posts.

I am not a genius with a computer but do know a little, and before posting I did do a quick search for a tutorial on the search function with no luck so please no flaming.

i just tried searching for how to search using the search button but i couldnt find anything.

if people keep using the search bar, the forum is slow and boring i want to see new stuff all the time.

i do use the search bar.. but im sick of looking up stuff and i click it and find all people have replied to the question is use the search bar.

so then i have to use the search bar again and again but every second post is use the search bar.

everyone to there own but if i can i help it only takes a 1min or less to wright something
and if everyone did that there would be helpful stuff everywhere instead of searching and finding use the search bar.

whats the point of been on the forums if your to lazy to type.

if people keep using the search bar, the forum is slow and boring i want to see new stuff all the time.

i do use the search bar.. but im sick of looking up stuff and i click it and find all people have replied to the question is use the search bar.

so then i have to use the search bar again and again but every second post is use the search bar.

everyone to there own but if i can i help it only takes a 1min or less to wright something
and if everyone did that there would be helpful stuff everywhere instead of searching and finding use the search bar.

whats the point of been on the forums if your to lazy to type.

ive seen your post, im pretty sure you dont use it.
the only reason people tell others to use the search bar is because the question has been answered before...on many occasions.

Latest posts

Back