Think it will work?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
hey guys

just to be different im thinking of trying something

i have the big light forces on my bull bar and im thinking of puttin a blue led strip inside the case of the light force so at night time there is a blue glow in the light forced do u think it would work??

cheers here is a pic.

240_Blitz.png

i prob wouldn't need to go the whole way around with the strip just want a nice glow...

yeah, but you'll void the warranty of the lights if you open the case. and if you even breathe in the direction of the reflectors you'll wreck them.

if you can do it without having to open the light itself, then go for it! i like the idea.

im not going to open the light up mate just the front case that come off anyways there is a little lip on the inside i thought i might be able to run them on .

if i do choose to to do ill let you guys know how i go and take a pic.

Give it a crack why not, some exit lights work in a similar way, shine light through Perspex, it's the etching that "catches" the light and shows though.
Maybe better if your blue LEDs shine backwards into the light so the blue shines around the reflector.
Dare say the coppers will have words with you about it though

one other major problem is led's and heat do not go well together.

i went past some stupid little mall crawler the other day that had glowing blue spotlights.
gay.

yeah but i was thinking a little less lights at the bottom lol but yeah same as that mate...

i still reckon that looks awesome!!

did u do that yourself?

yeah they are just some led strips of ebay,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/24cm-24-...Accessories&hash=item4aa346b13a#ht_3811wt_907

it wasn't that actual listing but the exact same thing. just siliconed them into place and wired them into the bullbar parker lights, did add a switch to turn them off just encase the police weren't to happy with them.

i did disconnect the leds when i pulled my bullbar off to fit the intercooler and haven't been to concerned with wiring them back in again. they do throw out a lot of blue light, made worse obviously by the blue cover, do make a very loud and appealing reason for the cops to pull me over, so that one of the reasons why i haven't rushed in to wire them up again.

yeah fair enough .. ill put them too a switch too i bought some of ebay yesterday so i prob wont get them till late in the week.

ill see how i go but still want to do it.

yeah give it a hit, some people like it some don't. i'm not sure what brand it is, but one of the big brand name spotties have leds built into the lens and come on with your parkers. they look pretty neat, thats where i got the idea from.

Latest posts

Back