D40 on 35's?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike4x4

Reaction score
Hello anyone d40s out there running 35s.

Can you please tell me your power and fuel consumption and what mods you have done to run the 35s.

A Calmini 5 inch lift kit then a 2 inch suspension kit will get you fitting 35's fuel usage would be ridiculous I reckon

FatBoy89 said:
A Calmini 5 inch lift kit then a 2 inch suspension kit will get you fitting 35's fuel usage would be ridiculous I reckon

I thought a 5" lift was a 3" suspension lift plus 2" body lift?

Can't add an extra 2" suspension ontop of that...

Unless you're looking at a drop diff kit?

Ok, after looking at the calming kit online, the 5" lift looks like a drop diff kit with extended shackles and lift blocks in the rear.

The best you'll be able to do ontop of that, short of a SAS, will be a set of 2" rear leaves and some front coil spacers and a body lift.

Best i can see (and id love for someone to prove me wrong), all this kit will offer you is the ability to run massive tyres and give a better roll over angle. However, these vehicles aren't made to run massive tyres, you'll be snapping diffs and CV's every other outing and attract alot of attention from the transport department because the nav will be anything but road legal, and will look it, too. (assuming you're still wanting a road use truck)

So, Why?

If you're after increased offload ability, get a patrol and play with the suspension on that. You'll get a boat load more flex on a vehicle thats built tough enough to handle larger tyres. than you'll ever get from this kit.

All that being said, go for it.

joshman said:
Ok, after looking at the calming kit online, the 5" lift looks like a drop diff kit with extended shackles and lift blocks in the rear.

The best you'll be able to do ontop of that, short of a SAS, will be a set of 2" rear leaves and some front coil spacers and a body lift.

Best i can see (and id love for someone to prove me wrong), all this kit will offer you is the ability to run massive tyres and give a better roll over angle. However, these vehicles aren't made to run massive tyres, you'll be snapping diffs and CV's every other outing and attract alot of attention from the transport department because the nav will be anything but road legal, and will look it, too. (assuming you're still wanting a road use truck)

So, Why?

If you're after increased offload ability, get a patrol and play with the suspension on that. You'll get a boat load more flex on a vehicle thats built tough enough to handle larger tyres. than you'll ever get from this kit.

I agree. Igor (Vanguard) had this setup, looks great running 35's but other than that... Would be very useful. Would just want to tip over everything..

A 6.7 cummins powered dodge ram has a factory front 5 link set up in the front and leaves in the back that would be the way to go, dont need to lift allready big enough and you can run 35inch+. lol

Not too mention that 35's are illegal in ever state now. You can get away with 33's or 285/75/16's as they don't stand out as much & you can get the engineered too so you covered (in NSW that I know).

I was talking to a bloke at a show on (I think) Kumho tyres stand, he was running 35/12.5's on his with the 5inch lift alone, said it scrubbed on the sway bar a very little bit.

Didn't look to do much off road though, more a show car for the tyres

Dont know if anyone on the forum owns this rig, but this is a 5" lift with 35s... Looks good, but doesnt look like the offroad ability is dramatically increased. Maybe even worse... I suppose this even answers my question of running 33s with the stock front bar (albeit a little modification). Bugger all room at the front...

Attachments

• 1886.jpg
    1886.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 13,750
Last edited:
smells like realist,

now something for the dreamers and the americans, (they go nuts in america)
you can run 35's and up it just requires alot of work your better off with 33's lockers and superflex gear. if your looking for the most economical way out.

otherwise spend bulk cash and do what you want, 6"lift is actually engineerable, its just the tyres that arent. you just run roadies round town, changing tyres does require sometime before you get into the track, but so does airing down your tyres.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f56/vote-clubfrontier-truck-year-2011-a-76112/

couldnt be bothered finding the link for the page with heaps of trucks running 9" lifts and shit.

A 6.7 cummins powered dodge ram has a factory front 5 link set up in the front and leaves in the back that would be the way to go, dont need to lift allready big enough and you can run 35inch+. lol

yeah u would just need to make sure the tracks u take out bush are as wide as soccer field!!

So, Why?

as for it gainig alot of attention i would say minimal i run 33s an 4 inch lift and it looks like the way it should roll off the factory floor except with muddies if,33s balance out wel with width of the body 35s wont look that much more crazy im seriously considering upping to 35s once i have power upgraded and the calmini kit

My mates nav runs 35s with no issues. He runs same rims as me the 16x8s with 0 offset. He has a 5 inch calamani lift and 2 inch body. Body wasn't need but he just wanted to go bigger again.

Attachments

• SDC10268.jpg
    SDC10268.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 1,636
  • XTRA%202%20SDC10278.jpg
    XTRA%202%20SDC10278.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,146
  • 389424_2793220032649_1322864101_33138025_1938944296_n.jpg
    389424_2793220032649_1322864101_33138025_1938944296_n.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 657
This rig was on car sales for a while... Did he sell it or buy it? 35k he wanted from memory and a V6? I know its the same ute, just not sure if i got the engine right.

I was looking at it when i bought mine, but i wanted a TD. Would have been a good buy without having to do all that stuff yourself.

Ive got a 7" lift in my D40 and im getting 34.5" tyres and should have heaps of clearence. Might even go a body lift later on when i get bored of it :)

Mines running 7" lift and 34s. I could run 35s too, but ive had to cut some out of my guards behind the front wheels, and infront so i can steer.

Attachments

• New wheels 007.jpg
    New wheels 007.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 583

Latest posts

Back