leaf springs 2'' lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
hey guys i thought i would give my self some sort of indication what it will look like with about 35mm up the front so i measured it up the jacked it up

20120612_160709.jpg

this is what it will look like with about 35mm lift at the front as you can see it pretty level is there much point in changing the leaf springs and spending 600 bucks on leafs when its level now??

im sure some of you will give me a reason why but im just asking because im not sure

cheers

:tazzy::tazzy:

Your rear springs look like they stiff have some arch left in them. I have virtually carried nothing in the back of mine and my rear springs are flat.
Many will say the ride and handling is far better with a good set of rear springs
I am just waiting till I have the dollars and I will be getting new rear springs and shocks from Ultimate suspension.

i just think it will look stupid if it goes up 65mm and the front goes up 35mm..

yeh ill end up doing the springs but thought to save money for now do need to..

i just think it will look stupid if it goes up 65mm and the front goes up 35mm..

yeh ill end up doing the springs but thought to save money for now do need to..

whos to say ur front wont go up 50mm every car responds differently to different kits dont think just coz one guy gt 35mm at the front u will .... ironman kit with a 15m strut spacer will set u up good it will feel like u no longer drive a boat

im getting a dobinsons 2'' lift by scottybobcats mate
i asked him is there any spaces or anything i could use but he said he dose not recommend it.

i don't no anything about the suspension so im asking (you guys) the forum for more info i can only go off what he says i don't no any better.

cheers

guys if i want to see what an all round 2inch sus and 2 inch body will look like on my ute do i just measure from the centre of the wheel to top of body frame?

doi just then jack it up 4 inch front and back?

Hey Nav dog i've put 3 2'' lift kits in d40's now and if you have a steel bull bar i recommend spacers in the front. makes it sit really nice.

Hey Nav dog i've put 3 2'' lift kits in d40's now and if you have a steel bull bar i recommend spacers in the front. makes it sit really nice.

what sort of spacers ??? coil? or strut?

he told me not to do a spacer so i just agreed coz i don't no. lol

Mine sits lower in the front than the rear after a 2" inch lift as theirs less weight in the rear.

The problem with putting in spacers is that you reduce your down ward travel and not sure if it's totally legal either.

coil spacers mate and at the end after putting the lift in still had more travel than stock anyway.if you were worried about travel you could always measure it up and get some struts to suit. Everybody has there own opinions hey.

Back