Rear Bumper Rusting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnygee

Reaction score
I have a 2010 d22 which I purchased just before Xmas last year
I was wondering if anyone else has a rusted rear bar around the number plate step area
I have gone to the dealer to get this sorted out via warranty but it seems the dealer doesn't want to cover it as I have rang them twice to see what the outcome is

Dealer asked if I tow a boat I replyed to dealer it looks like a chrome plate issue to me salt water would affect the outer chrome plate so quick

Has anyone else starting to get a rusty rear bar?

Look forward for some answers
Going to ring dealer again this week to apply more pressure for an answer

Give them heaps of shit mate. If all else fails I have a pretty much brand new one here for $200.00 or a second hand one for $100.00.
We can also build you a steel tube bar. Check out the sliders and bars thread.

My 2010 is used to tow a boat and gets splashed with water on a semi regular basis and the rear bar hasn't got any rust spots.

I doubt you'd have any issues unless you're not washing the ute down after you get home with fresh water.

My guess is you got a Friday chrome job on your bar...

I used to plow the dirt often with mine there isn't much chrome on the bottom at all and still no rust . Oh and I tow a boat. Maybe a Monday chrome job rusty on the weekend thhen done.

Latest posts

Back