D22 front diff keep snapping stub axel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jam2ey

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 2010 d22 with a 2 inch suspension lift with 32 inch maxxis bighorn muddies have snapped the stub axel inside the front diff twice in 2 months and it's getting expensive. Anyone have any ideas how to stop it from happening or make it stronger, or recommend a stronger diff which will be easy to install. I am considering ARB air locker not sure weather front or rear to try and ease the load.

Any help with this would be much appreciated!!!!

Try find an R200 diff with the correct ratios. And get yourself and auto locker. Stops wheels spinning seperately

I would say driving style will have the most to do with snapping axels. I am pretty hard on my truck but so far have only busted 1 CV. I now have an auto lokka and take it a bit easier on the Nav for 2 reasons, 1- don't need to hit things as hard as I have better traction and 2- don't want to break anymore stuff.

Thanks for the advise guys think I'm going to install an ARB air locker in the rear in a few weeks and take it a lot easier!!

You are talking about your drive shaft and CV joint aren't you and not your diff.
What are you doing to snap them. I have 300KWS running through mine and have only ever busted 1 and that was from snatching another forum member in his D40 out in reverse. You may need to learn how to ride the clutch a little and not be so hard on it.
You could also put a loka in it.

Latest posts

Back