Oil leak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00dave

Reaction score
Hey all

Just noticed a leak under me d22. It's comming from where the prop shaft goes into the transfer case , there is a metal cup jobby there think its like a shield ... oil is slowly dripping out there. My guess is there is a leaky seal in there. My question is how difficult is it to fix?

That would be the rear transfer case seal. You said prop shaft this means the front shaft right?
You can replace the seal by removing the tail/prop shaft and removing and installing the new one.
Drain the oil first.
When you get the new seal, have a look at it and see what will the be the best way to remove the old one.
The Internet and Google is your friend, somebody might have written a step by step instruction guide.

Cheers Tony

So I will have to drain the transfer case then take apart the uni- joint then just pull the tail prop out... how hard is it to pull the prop out do you know?

Most props are fixed the same way.
Remove tail shaft from the universal joint, that should reveal a nut which holds the yoke to the transfer case/diff pinion shaft.
Unscrew the nut and the yoke should come out. Then the seal can be removed.

Reverse the order to assemble.

Latest posts

Back