scratch removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogrc

Reaction score
hey all,

today i got home and then left the house for around an hour to ride my bike and pick up some papers for dad.

when i got home i pulled into the driveway to see my car was all wet and there were suds on the ground.

turns out mum washed my car and good on her for it! problem is she used a bottle of palmolive and those sponges with the soft side and rough side.

my car is now covered in scratches that you cant feel but can see :suicide:

guys, whats the best way to remove light scratches on the paint surface? i found some wax in the cupboard but that did absolutely nothing to it.

all help is appreciated,
cheers

george

I've heard of it costing between $100 and $150, but it depends on who you go to and their workload. If they are busy a lot of the time it isn't worth it to them to do. Does come up good though, and they have all the pro products.

Can get my ute done for $50, couple of my brothers mates are painters.

Good luck.

Dave.

lol palmolive that's is funny sh!t.
sorry to hear, but id do what ther other guys said.

at least she didnt use that decade old broom with the hard plastic bristles!

lol, was at the servo today and was some mob with this spray on wax stuff that said they can remove scratches. showed them the car, they tried it. scratches disappeared for the first 5 seconds and then he basically shat when he saw they came back up again XD so he went around my car to a few spots, spray, rub, spray, rub, 'yeah, guess this stuff isnt for you then' LOL

lol, was at the servo today and was some mob with this spray on wax stuff that said they can remove scratches. showed them the car, they tried it. scratches disappeared for the first 5 seconds and then he basically shat when he saw they came back up again XD so he went around my car to a few spots, spray, rub, spray, rub, 'yeah, guess this stuff isnt for you then' LOL

Haha, FAIL...

You know what you need?? "Hi it's Vince with SHAMWOW..."

WHAT? OH NO!

Okay, I just googled it, Billy Mays is dead, Vince is still alive. Vince is a clone of Billy Mays.

Phew. Vince is my hero!

"You're gonna love my nuts!" :big_smile:

shamwow will fix it for sure.

oi tell your mum next time use head and shoudler's it will stop the car from getting dandruff lol

How much buffing can the paint take?
Took my nav through a real scrubby track to go fishing on the weekend and came out with some nasty scratches down both sides, WHY did i choose BLACK!?!

lol, bad luck!

i havent gotten round to getting it buffered yet, but i tried half a bottle of that meguiars (think thats the name) scratch fix 2.0 or some stuff from super cheap auto. 22 bucks for a small bottle!

tried it on half of the car and didnt seem to do jack shit even after spending an hour rubbing and reapplying and rubbing again to try make those light scratches disappear. since it did nothing i took it back for a refund and got my money back, lol

if you go in to get your car buffed tell me how well it went and for how much cause i may be interested, or if the buffer guys will give you discount for a second car they can do mine also, haha

The good old navara paint work, First few times I scratched mine off road I could not believe how easy it happened. Got home with some overpriced scratch remover, it worked on very very minor scratches but thats all, ive given up now, Just something you have to accept with navara paintwork I guess. Sorry to hear how it happened to you though lol, your mother had only good intentions!

Yeah i will try and buff it myself first, but it's only going to happen again next time i go fishin. At least now it looks like a 4wd

Latest posts

Back