Warburton track & K1 line Simpson Desert

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamkiwi

Reaction score
Hi all, I tried searching but cant find much info on the above tracks.
Im heading up from Adelaide and want to deviate off the Birdsville track through to Poeppels Corner before heading into Birdsville for the races.
I know the Warburton Line is closed atm due to water but it will hopefully be open by late August.
Does anyone have any info on these tracks or has anyone done them?
I will be a sole but well prepped D40 and may hire a sat phone if these tracks arnt well travelled.

Any info or links would really be appreciated.

Will also look forward to some verbal diarrhea over a few beers with anyone who is heading to the races also.

Last edited:
Hey mate, I wouldn't hold your hopes up for the warburton track being open in the next few years, water just sits around out there, doesn't really soak in. I'd DEFINITELY hire a sat phone at least, and maybe one of those personal EPIRB type emergency thingo's.

It was closed last year because of the rains and as far as I know, didn't open since.

Also, give the Birdsville information centre a call directly for track updates, they're very helpful and know all this stuff before the Internet does.

Thanks mate.

I kind of figured it won't open was stubbornly keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe time to figure an alternative route.
I have nearly two weeks (incl races) and figured the Birdsville track could be a boring convoy up there - unless it rains.

Back