anyone running anything close to 305/40/22(or 20) in any sort of tyre. recommendation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dezz are you going offroad or street?

I'm running 303 35 24 but road tyres.
I originally wanted to fit Cooper Zeon LTZ but I would have needed to cut shit up to make them fit.

There's a guy selling a set on ebay, in 20".

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140779223521&clk_rvr_id=355926859959&item=140779223521&lgeo=1&vectorid=229515

Anyway I never intended to go offroading in this car so I fitted some big ass wheels.
Handles pretty bumpy compared to the factory cushions but oh well... the look is all I was interested in.
mcdfl4.jpg

Last edited:
Same here man, all i want is looks. Im thinking of getting kmc 22" rockstars with a 305/50/22 cooper ltz. Looks like the best tyre for road in big wheels like 22s. Pretty well load rated and perfect road to dirt for when i want to take the ute offroad to get to a camping spot or small stuff. 70% road 30% dirt :)

But i defo want 22s :)

Dezz

Hey mate, not on the rockstars but i was quoted 650 per rim on the monsters by kmc at ozzy tyres and 3800 total with cooper ltz 305/40/22 tyres fitted to them. What about yourself?

Im trying to get wheels an tyres for around 3k

Dezz

I know that tempe do 22s for around 3k with rubber. My mate bought a set of incubus for $2800 But the tyres wont be that flash, i think they are achilles or something. Pretty sure that was the quote i got from Ozzy for 20s. It was 3100 with nitto terra grappler, which are a decent all terrain. Its the tyres here that are a killer. If i was going for 22s then id import them. If you want i can email you the quote i got from the states for shipping. That way you can calculate how much GST you will need to pay. If i was getting them from the states id get muddies as well, because they dont cost much extra over there and the nitto mud grapplers look insane wrapped around 20s or 22s. If your going for looks the muddies really set it off...

If you could email that would be sweet. Its [email protected]

I love the nitto muddie they look sick. How much cheaper are they from states?

Someone said that by the time you ship/ pay for customs and taxes its not worth it??

Dezz

And i need to figure out the offset i need?
I want the tyres to stick out a fair bit and to do that ozzy tyres
Custom makes the rim for all Kmc wheels wen u order
If i ship from states i might get it wrong, for 3 k i dont want that.

Dezz

I just checked my ebay messages and they are all gone... Sorry. Mate i would be suprised if OZZY make or modify the KMC wheels, when they are such a huge market overseas, and already avalable in so many sizes. Id say they might import the right offset for you. You would have to google it, but im guessing a 0 offset would put them outside the guards. As for the importing costs, I think its cheaper because of the rubber. Not easy to find a 33" muddies in a 20 profile in Aus. I think for the 3k you would see a new set at your door including all costs. Going back to a previous post http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=12289&page=2 The cost has gone up a bit since i looked last year. You need to add 15% to the purchase price to work out the import duty, then add$500 for shipping, and on top is the customs brokerage which im guessing is a couple of hundred. so $2200 + $330 import tax + $500 for shipping + customs brokerage, say $250 = $3280. Thats for these http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-XD778-MONSTER-BLACK-33X12-50X20-NITTO-MUD-GRAPPLER-/280912072334?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4167aa0e8e&vxp=mtr . I think you will find OZZY will charge around $4000 for the same item. Bear in mind if you can find the nitto mud grappler in 33 x 12.3 x 20 in Aus, expect to pay at least $500 per tyre. There is a saving to be made if you want to go this way, check the ebay add for all the different offsets available. If you message them then they will know exactly what you want. Hope this has been some help...

Beau.

Back