FML my diff is stuffed and done 150,000k's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Front or rear and what have you done? Always improvements just depends how much u want to spend

The rear diff has a bad grinding noise in it apparently last one they did the insurance company just rote the car off because the axle bearings required replacing as well and you have to get the axel as well, but to me its just the first cone bearing in the rear diff

Wrote the car off?

How about get a second hand or a reco unit and spend a weekend with some mates?

Yeah I will find out the dollar damage Monday but yeah last one to be done the car was to be written off which was very strange, I would rather send my car down to over kill and say do a full coil kit :) with gq diffs

The damned thing is that a rebuilt or repaired diff will be finished better than the mass produced unit.

Mind you insurance quotes are a crock anyway. Repairers have been allowed to artificially inflate their service prices for so long.

nissan quoted me 2800 bucks to do the crown wheel and pinion so i bought a low ks second hand one for a grand and just rolled the old one out and rolled the new in. but if its just a pinion bearing it shouldn't be a drama just get it replaced before you damage the the crown wheel and pinion.:rock: my 2 cents worth'

Yeah thanks for all your feed back if its going to be like 2800 might as well go all out and get Sam at overkill to add another sas d40 to his conversion list lol

Well the out come is $2500 rebuild due to some apprentice placing the cliche packs in backwards causing my LSD to fail and insurance and the company I bought it from won't cover it

The workshop that did it should cover it or you're going legal.

In which case it all sounds like...the workshop that originally did the job will do the job properly.

I am a little confused. From what think has happened, the diff had been repaired or maybe modified previously & now at 150,000ks it is stuffed because of the work done?

The work shop is not owning up for it from Nissan so I have to pay the $2500 rebuild

I have no idear the bloke I bought it off is a service manager at a local Nissan dealer and he said they never took the diff out but the work shop i got the diff fixed says that there is no way Nissan would put the LSD in backwards

Latest posts

Back