Diff Gears

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtturbo

Reaction score
Anyone know if 4.9 or 5.1 diff gears are available for the R180A/C200 combo? Id love to go from 4.625 to something higher :)

i think there are 4.88s available from the u.s.

what tyres are you running?

how do you know for sure what ratio your running?
i looked on the plate under my bonnet and it says ca46 if i remember rightly. so i have 4.625? its an 02, zd30 model.

im sure someone on this forum a while back had 46 on the plate but came to the conclusion they were actually 4.3s.

im sure someone on this forum a while back had 46 on the plate but came to the conclusion they were actually 4.3s.

They're either mistaken or the ratios were changed in past. The axle code indicates for sure the ratio as it rolled off the factory floor.

Anyone know if 4.9 or 5.1 diff gears are available for the R180A/C200 combo? Id love to go from 4.625 to something higher :)

5.1s aren't available to my knowledge. At least not in Australia.

4.88s were fitted to some D21s. They're awesome for towing and 4x4ing (on 30" tyres), I spend a fair bit of time in high range when on tracks. First gear low range is very slow.

I have a R180a diff and C200 axle in 4.88 with just over 300k on them, no noise, running well, the pair yours for $450. They're from a D21 but by the combination of parts from your current diffs and these (the rear should be opened up anyway whilst out of the car to service the LSD), you'd have what you're after. Almost nothing in the axle and diff design has changed since 1986.

I was at a wreckers about 6 months ago and the bloke working there showed me a few early ZD30 powered D22's with CA46 on the compliance plate.

He reckon's he counted the teeth on 1 diff and it worked out to be 4.375.

I am only going off his word.

Latest posts

Back