Bodylift done, install review

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07nav

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just spent the day installing the 2" BL I got from Zordo a few months back.

I have to say it was much easier than I expected.

The car is a 2007 ST-X (Spanish Built)

I have to get some pics but as there are always a million questions about doing it Ill give some pointers....

1/ With the stock front bar you need to lift the reo bar up which requires new holes to be drilled into the reo bar as low as possible so it lifts as it is mounted to the chassis, this will allow the bar to be lifted with the body without it hitting the reo bar. The bar will bolt back on perfectly. You also need to trim the sides of the reo bar with a grinder of hack saw to allow for the lifting of the bar.

2/ The ABS lines need to be removed from the brackets to allow them to have some loseness. These can be found in the wheel wells.

3/ The engine cover needs to be trimmed at the top and the bottom radiator shround needs to be removed.

4/ Ground wire from battery which goes to the alternator bracket needs to be moved up to the top bolt on the bracket to allow for movement.

5/ Installing the blocks is very simple, remove old bolts, put new bolts in, lift one side, insert blocks and tighten bolts, then do the same on the other side. Pretty simple really.

6/ Tray bolts were a pain as they rusted and one snapped, this needed to be drilled out an a new tap put in, apart from that it is very simple, same as on the body but you dont need to worry about moving anything.

Thats all there really is to it, it can be time consuming but if everything goes smooth it can be done in 2 to 3 hours.

Only thing left to do is lift the rear bar which will get done in the next few weeks. We will need to cut the brackets and lift them and re weld them 50mm higher.

Also a big shout out to Zordo, he has been a great help since day one.

Ill post some before and after pics in the next few days, didnt get a chance to take any during the install.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers

well done...i was very keen to do this however some suspension guy persuaded me not to re. the tailshaft isuses on the d40's something about the angle being to high...he could be talking shit tho...

well done...i was very keen to do this however some suspension guy persuaded me not to re. the tailshaft isuses on the d40's something about the angle being to high...he could be talking shit tho...

Tailshaft issue....... Body lift has nothing to do with the engine,mechanical components or suspension. It lifts the body nothing else. Go in and punch that bloke square in the face cause he's talking shit to try get a sale.

thought so cause i rmeber some guy had issues with the gear stick becoming to shaort and needed it extended with his body lift...maybe the guy was thinking 5" cal lifts

Mine had a bracket that the tail shaft ran through that I blocked up as well but no one else has included these extra blocks in the online kits so it could be for nothing

Mine had a bracket that the tail shaft ran through that I blocked up as well but no one else has included these extra blocks in the online kits so it could be for nothing
i notice u have a d22 could be y u had a taislhaft spacer although im not sure what ur setup is underbody do the d22s have a center bearing or something , there are no problems with body lifting and the d40 and tailshaft the only small problem u may have is the gearstick being a lil shorter
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?p=182461#post182461 pics and all

i notice u have a d22 could be y u had a taislhaft spacer although im not sure what ur setup is underbody do the d22s have a center bearing or something , there are no problems with body lifting and the d40 and tailshaft the only small problem u may have is the gearstick being a lil shorter
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?p=182461#post182461 pics and all

Haha whoops I should of realised you guys were talking about a d40 I'll just keep to myself and leave you hairdressers and your cars alone lol jkz

can body lifts be engineered certified?

nevermind just phoned engineer said he can mod plate 2" max yippee

Last edited:
Yep bodylifts can now be mod plated.
Just buy a kit, throw it in & get it approved.
Couldn't be easier.

hey nav07,

did you have to remove the front bumper to re do the reo bar?

i'm guessing so but just seeing if there is an easier option.

cheers duncan

yeah the bumper has to come off.

Makes it easier to get to the front blocks also.

The reo bar needs to be moved up as far as possible (Only about 10mm) and I just cut the ends off to make sure it didnt make contact with the lifted bumper.

hey nismo 4x4 who in townsville does the engineering as im looking to get mine done very soon.

this may seem epic dumb question but how do u actually lift the body so u can insert the blocks? highlift jack with extension of some sort?

Floor jack under the floor on the little box section near driver door
Cheers

The reo bar needs to be moved up as far as possible (Only about 10mm) and I just cut the ends off to make sure it didnt make contact with the lifted bumper.

Here's another dump question.... but what are u referring to when u say "reo bar" ??? I gather your not talking about the Front / Rear Bumpers??

Its a bar which runs between the chassis rails behind the front bar.

Its bolted onto the front of the chassis with 4 bolts.

You will see it as soon as you remove the front bumper.

I'm looking at body lifting my 550 and I have a factory tow bar on... can the rear tow bar be modified to lift it up 50mm so it's not hanging down so low?

Latest posts

Back