STR Horn sounds like a barina...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo

Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't really use the horn much, but when I do, it does not sound right. This huge 4wd beast decides to make a statement, and what do you hear ? Something that would make a barina look good. Seriously, I don't think I'll ever use my horn again....
(What is the law and horns? Is there a certain decibel ?)

hahaha i know exactly what ya mean. Sounds like a ice cream truck trying to get past. Might need to invest in a air horn or something

Couldn't agree more. I'm going to replace mine, need to know a good one with a deep tone.

I know some can be adjusted, might look at the Nav's......

Beep beep Barina!

The only law I can remember about horns is they have to emit one constant pitch (no musical horns).

On a positive note, hornblasters.com now ship to Australia.

i replaced mine with 1 x 112db high tone disc horn and 1 x 112db low tone disc horn both are waterproof and a simple install. I didn't go airhorn type etc as i wanted it to all be watertight. louder yeah but not police attracting loud.

ive got a train horn ready to put it once im finished the build. Bit more bite then factory..

With most of my cars I have had I replaced the original horns with electric ones from old holdens or fords from the 60's and 70's era. Any will do, they are in the shape of a trumpet and belt out a nice deep sound, hook up 2 of them and your laughing. Only a couple of bucks each from any wrecker.

Hehhehehehe, I'll take some advice from the other posts, I might visit a wrecker, and get an old holden/ford horn. I really don't need to scare shit out of anyone, I just want to be heard - and not sound like a barina :)

ive got a train horn ready to put it once im finished the build. Bit more bite then factory..

HAHAHA!! That reminds me of a mate that i went to TAFE with ages ago, had a frieght train horn in his Combi Van. It used to damn near shake the friggin thing apart! He used to pull up at the lights in town, and when the pedestrians were crossing in front of him he'd give it a blast..... Friggin helarious.... I think he nearly killed some old lady on a walking frame once!!

haha i got my horn off a mate at tafe. Its the country horn which is louder then the city one. Might get another and mount em with the spotties on the tray. 1 is pretty f**kn loud tho

i fitted a set of triple trumpet train air horns to an old mack the other day, don't be standing too close to em, seriously fucking loud! admitantly the old mack would be sending a heap more air through em though.

i have the Stebel Nautilus Compact horn on my motorbike. 139db of bloody awesomeness!!! not sure if i'll put one on the Navara as i don't think it'd cope too well with water crossings

Latest posts

Back