Cleaning.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

I thought Id give everyone a heads up on when your washing your Navara to hose out the front guards.

Open the front door and stick the hose in the front guard, watch all the dirt come out. My brother is a panel beater and showed me all the places dirt builds up and potential rust areas.

Ill post up a pic later this afternoon of where to put the hose. Its not hard to find.

Dave.

I know the exact spot you mean dave, I had the mudflap off yesterday and cleaned a shovel full of dried mud out of there, shocking design I reckon, will rust in a very short time if left unnoticed.

Shonky alot of dirt and twigs came out of mine.

But its aleast 50,000km's since I hosed the guard out.

Mine is up to 100,000km's now.

How many are you up to.

Dave.

I found that spot when I fitted my snorkel, there was heaps of crap in there but luckily no rust

Why is it covered in fingerprint dust?

Because some pricks smashed the vent window on the passenger door and let themselves in. Didn't get anything as there is never anything of value in it.

Don't know what made me crankier, the fact that they smashed it or that Windscreens O'brien wanted $339 to supply & fit! Ended up getting one from the wreckers for $25 and took less than half an hour to fit it, including cleaning all the glass out of the cab and off the street, and stopping to talk to the neighbour along the way. $339 seems like robbery to me.

My front quarter guards are waiting for me to transplant of that piece of metal in the area you're talking about; they've rusted clean off. On my original guards, there was a tonne of dirt in there but no rust, but when I did the nose swap, the guards I got from a QLD Pathfinder had obviously been in the beach at some stage. So, here's proof that they do collect rubbish and rust.

thanks for the tip dave, have not cleaned there before but will definitely clean it out next time. Cheers

Matty

Ill put one up tomorrow, didn't bother before as everyone else knew what I mean't.

Dave.

Back