Replacement Tailshaft Needed! HELP Please!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhotnavara

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post. I tried the search but there was nothing on he replacement tailshaft so I need help, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Navara D40 2010

Tailshaft has split in 2 pieces while 4WD-ing. I couldn't find any online. Did anyone go through this??? Ho much is a replacement or is iit better/cheaper to get a custom made one from a local shop???

Does anyone know what the part number is or any online store from the US?

Or even specifications if it is to be made custom, such as exact length, etc.

No, it's the round aluminium or alloy piece approx 1200mm long and it's broken half way. There's a foot long shaft that slides into the transfer case and is connected to the tailshaft with uni joints. I assume they both either come as one part together or separate so the uni's get pulled apart and connected to the new piece???

The guy from Melbourne wants $2000 + delivery.

Nissan wants $1700 for a brand new one.

I got a custom one to be made for $385.

It's a no brainer :).

$2000.... obviously the wrecker was going to nick around to nissan $1700 for shaft $20 to wrap it. $50 delivery, pick up some beer and flowers for the missus on the way home from the wrecking yard with the extra$$$........ Priceless. there wright up there with used car salesmen.

i had "HARDY SPICER" make me a new one out of steel and a the next gauge up in wall thickness for $330 after i landed on then spun it on a rock in a river crossing which put a spiral dent in it, causing the ute to shake at 100kph.

Oh they did say not to go to thick in the wall thickness because that can affect performance and add a little strain to other components. thats why i only went a little thicker then the stock one.

Mine was built dec2010 and came with a steel tailshaft but i did get told that some have ally ones????? not sure why.........

The alloy one also got damaged in the creek. Hit the rock and put a swirl on it, then whattaya know, couldn't even get out of the creek, it snapped where the swirl was from pressure. Anyway, the custom one's in already. At $385, can't complain. Surely better than $1700 or $2000+$50 delivery.

Where you getting custom one at that price, i took mine in for new unis and balance they said cant balance as its bent 3 thou, so i said i need it back on the road asap and it cost me $310 just for replacement unis .

Where are you i am in Perth and have a similar problem and require a new one. Preferebly steel not ali

Back