HID's in Lightforce 170's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr McCabe

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am interested in installing HID's into my Lightforce 170 Strikers. I want to put a set of 100w HID's in them which is unheard of in my parts. In Canada, it seems that no one has ever heard of more than 55w HID's therefore getting advice on this subject is near impossible. (You'd be surprised about the amount of people who have never heard about Lightforce as well)

So, with all this said...

Who here has done the installation and is willing to give a Canuck some advise? What are the risks of this (besides fire) involved. Do you know of any vendors that have international shipping? I am also looking for the HID kit as well as bulbs for the 170's.

Hi Mr McCabe and welcome, there is a guy here in Oz who sells a small adapter to fit HID's in lightforce lights. I have the 240? I think with a HID kit that I use for spotlighting, works great.
I will try to look him up again, they are simply a small adapter that you fit to the main body of the light and then you can screw on any size reflector you have.
Cheers, Tony

the guy that sells the adaptors is 4145derek on ebay i bought my 100watt hid from kassabian9898 just type in hid you will find it mmy light ouput is absolutely brilliant, with the hid ive got nice bright spotties but also the light shines out to the sides.

Kind of an older thread now but I finally completed this project with the resources you guys provided. You have been a big help eh! I went with 55w 4300k HIDs. Man its like day light driving down the highway late at night!

Here's some pics!!

I'm not 100% familiar with doing night shots so these pics just don't give the light output justice.

Just my low beams
lowbeams.jpg

With Yellow spread pattern
lornvillelowsandyellows.jpg

With Spot lights (The trees far in the distance are approx. 700 metres away according to my truck, the spots will light up about 2 kms of dark road!!)
spotandlows.jpg

These pics were done on Saints Rest down the road from my house.

Lows
beachlows.jpg

Yellows
beachyellows.jpg

Spots
onlyspot.jpg

And this is my truck!! (crappy cell pic)
imag0202hl.jpg

Back