1% finance this week

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoody.

Reaction score
Nissan have 1% finance this week?

Does anyone know much about this? I know it covers all navaras, but it sounds to good to be true.

Can someone shed some light

Cheers

Hoody

Its 1% comparison rate. Requires 20-30% deposit and you will be left with a baloon residual of around 15-18k on a Navara. for those 36 months you are in fact only paying 1% interest. But after the 36 month term is up you need to either pay the balloon payment, or refinance another loan to cover it. Works out well if you have the deposit, and can make the extra repayments over the 3 years to cover the balloon residual.

There has been some interesting comparisons made on other websites about this 1% comparison rate. Those who have looked into the figures have worked out that all cars that fit into the 1% deal have had their prices increased and that if you took out the 4.8% comparison rate that was on offer last week you'd not only save on the ticketed price by 1000's but you'd save 1000's on interest of the term of the loan.

People will no doubt take up these offers and think they are great but it does pay to remember dealers don't offer these deals for the good of the customer.

They must make bloody good money out of there finance deals. when i got my new nav a few months ago they tried to get me to finance it right or wrong. Gave me every line under the sun its better tax deduction for your business. Youll get to keep your cash we will give you a free tonneua cover. we will give you a free tonneau and bonnet protector lol. when i went to pick it up it was the day before easter long weekend handed them the bank cheque and they said now just have a think about it over the weekend if you change your mind and want to use finance come back in and we will do the paper work and just put the finance money straight into your account :/ a week and a half went by and they rang me asking if i wanted to finance it and them put the money into my bank. I dont know how legally they cna finance a car you have owned for a week and a half and done 2000kms in lol but anyways that to me shows theyvmust must make good money out of there finance deals

i looked at the finance on my new 2012 ST over 5 years @ 6.9% and my bank was still cheaper per month at 7.1% by $30 that 1% gets you in the door then they pull the rug out underneath you when they start to throw ballon payment in. I also compared the 4.8 over three to the 6.9 over 5, on the 4.8% you payed near on double and only saved something a like $2000 overall once you added in all the ballon payments.

I have financed many cars thru the dealers.
You just need to be prepared to make them drop their rate for your business.

My current 4 finance loans are at a lower rate than my home loan. Remember the more business the dealer rites for a finance company the bigger kickback they get.

I usually shop around - find the lowest rate/deal and get them to beat it. They always do.

That's what I did when I bought mine.
Beat my banks rate on the spot in a 30 second phone call

Well they have to make their money from somewhere and they aren't making it by giving people discounts.

I just checked into my Nissan finance. I brought a new Nav Feb 2011 for 38K with mods i put 2 k down and financed 36 k, After the 16 months of $725 pm payments my payout figure is $35604 that is after they give me a credit for interest paid. As i was truely confused about this when the dealer explained i rang nissan and spoke to a lady who explain it in plain english.

Loan amount $36 k

Total amount finance is $52 k ( include 10 k res )

i have paid roughly $11600

brings it down to 40 k then i have my early termination fee which is 30% of total interest on the loan but that is off set by the 70% of the interest i have paid which is roughly $4500 ..
hope everyone can follow, basically nissan finance makes it hard for you to up grade within first 4 years of the loan. That is how they make their money ..

So if I went to fianance a brand new d22 navara on the 1% fianance would I be paying off $28990? Or $40000.. Or would it be better to get a loan for the 20-30% deposit and do it that way? Thanks.

you won't get 1% on a D22 for starters its not on anymore, secondly if you could get it they won't discount the car to like $28000 or whatever their best official deal is, costs money to borrow money so someone has to pay for that and I can tell you now its not the dealer or Nissan...

Just bargain a deal ($26888 is the best atm I think) then bargain on your finance, 6-7% is doable at the moment, pay weekly and don't go for anything more than 5 years cause you pay to much interest.

My brother bought a D22 on 3% interest over 5yrs. 1% is only on 36month loan, But would still go back and do it again if i had a chance.

Latest posts

Back