NSW Tracks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revkev91

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows any good tracks in NSW that i can take my ute offroad. My ute is a stock D40.

i live near Parramatta so somewhere near the blue mountains or lithgow. I was told the bridle track at hill end is good but not sure if my stock navara will do it

That's if the Bridle Track is open. Had a rock fall on the track at Monaghan's Bluff making it impassable and last word I heard was that it wouldn't be opened for quite some time. The local council (Bathurst) didn't have the funds to go about clearing it and there's a detour available (Root Hog Rd, yes that is not a joke) for 4WDs that NEED access through the area but it's via a river crossing which means wading bra + snorkel are the minimum mods you'd need to do it, particularly if there's been any recent rain. Recovery points and/or winch + hitch receiver + decent extension would be advantageous if you wanted to tackle that area.

A lot of the tracks around Sydney have been closed and when you hear of what some of the idiots do to the tracks or the facilities, it's no wonder.

There are a bunch of tracks through the Watagans State Forest you could try. Leave the freeway at the Sparks Rd exit (it's the next exit north of the twin Caltex service centres) and hang a left, getting onto Hue Hue Rd. Turn right at the cemetery onto Jilliby Rd and this will take you straight into the forest. It's a fire trail - it'll be rough in places. When you reach Martinsville Hill Rd, you can turn right and be back on sealed road - and within cooee of the freeway - in no time at all. Watch the downhills if you're on standard brakes, you'll find brake fade will be dangerous particularly @ the stop sign at the bottom of the hill just outside the forest as you're getting back towards the freeway.

Hmm another chance to pick on the d 40,s ability in standard trim
Should I ?
Na
Someone else's turn:deadhorse:

revkev91 said:
i live near Parramatta so somewhere near the blue mountains or lithgow. I was told the bridle track at hill end is good but not sure if my stock navara will do it

The bridle track is open and just as beautiful as ever. More for camping though. The track itself can be conquered in a commodore. Down the bottom there is a couple little off tracks but either so basic a standard 4wd will not even hesitate, or too difficult for them. No real in between. There's one nice little hill club that's perfect for you. Enter via Hill end and cross the river and the bottom. You'll see the hill next to eagle mountain, get to the top it's a beautiful view

Latest posts

Back