koni shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
howdy guys,

not long purchased a one owner d22 str 02 nav and noticed the suspension is pretty squishy or bouncy.
it has koni shocks which are shot but everthing else is still in great nick.
i have been told that koni shockers can be rebuilt but wondered what you experts would do.
are they worth rebuilding or would i be better off turfing them and starting fresh.?
appreciate any thoughts or advice on this.

cheers adamibinfishin

Koni's are very good.

I have Bilstiens on mine which can be rebuilt aswell, I got mine about a year ago and am more then happy with mine.

Cost about $750, let me know if you want part numbers.

Dave.

I'd rebuild them mate, or at least open em up and check the condition.

Good shocks.

howdy guys,

spoke to the local koni dealer today and they were very helpful.they were saying that the mileage on the car and the fact that the shocks were not standard did not add up to them being stuffed.peddars did the inspection for me so might get a second opinion and do some homework first.koni shocks also have rebound adjustment so i found out,a feature as they wear out so this could help.
the only draw back was if i rebuild them they have to go to melbourne according to them,takes a few days getting them back.cheers for the replies guys.

adamibinfishin

howdy guys,

ripped off the konis today and fitted the EFS enforcers,awesome.can't believe the difference they make.the konis were well and truly shot.3 year 100,000kms warranty.even sits higher which is good.noticed on the fronts they supplied a nyloc nut,i will let it settle down over the next week or two and retension and then fit lock nuts.set the dust covers when i do the nuts and then contemplate which tyres.

cheers adamibinfishin

Latest posts

Back