HELP rattle noise from somewhere

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flynndog

Reaction score
Today on the way to Lithgow a very small rattle became a high pitch scream. Now is a big rattle somewhere. It appears when in gear and only under acceleration. If I put it in neutral and rev it over 3000rpm it squeals. Sounds like its coming from the footwell. If the revs under driving conditons dont go over 3000 rpm it just has a rattly sound. HELP

Scotty,

Driving back I was thinking that. Could that relate to other issues I have been having, they seem related;

- Alt battery light intermittently on (replacing alt anyway)
- AC issue

It doesn't occur really apart from under acceleration. Even on the M7 at 100k/h it wasn't overly prevalent, until the foot went down then it came back on.

Will check the pulley but am taking it in to mechanic tomorrow because I just don't have time right now to be chasing to much!

What exactly am I looking for? I can feel a bit of play but it spins well (I/P).

The alternator and others all seem smooth as well?

A mate had this problem and found it was the alternator. I think he said it has a clutch on it and it was flogged out. He told me that a quick fix to prove was to take off the belt and go for a run and see if it disappears. I am having steeling noises over 3000 revs and now below. Took it tonissan as I thought it would the turbo and they found that the EGR PIPE had a crack in it.

Only thing is my EGR is fully removed. I haven't had a chance to look at the blanking plates as one may be loose where the EGT probe is installed. The sound seems to be coming from there so will have a gander in the morning.

As for the alt, the standard one doesn't have a clutch from what I'm told, nor does the new one from NIZZBITS.

I originally though turbo, but it's not there the whole time, same with drive line I suppose.

Will have a look tomorrow and let you all know if I see anything, otherwise I will be taking it in tomorrow arvo to get it looked at.

Thanks

Flynny

Issue located as an exhaust leak near the manifold.

Turns out the squeal is the exhaust escaping super high pressure.

Thanks for the assistance.

Flynny

If you ever replace the alternator. Go a Patrol ZD30 alternator, there 90 amp compared to the D22 60 amp.

If you ever replace the alternator. Go a Patrol ZD30 alternator, there 90 amp compared to the D22 60 amp.

Dave,

On it. Doing it in the morning. Got a 90A from NIZZBITS..

No AC from Mudgee to Perth may be a pain but oh well.

Flynny

Latest posts

Back