Diff bearings at 140k

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris T

Reaction score
Well a noise dedveloped in the rear about a month ago so changed the oil and sounded better .Well I went away for work for a week and asked other half if noise was gone she said no it's getting worse ? So once home checked it out and sure enough it was louder suspected wheel bearings but they were okay so stripped diff and one carrier bearing gone .No need to say that dissapointed that bearings gone at 140 thoasand km and all book services .I suspect some of the boy's at nissan needed diff oil more then the customer so it oil was not changed ? All the bearings are worn and the carrier that failed only failed on half of the cup ? So will put it back together this week with about $450-$500 dollars of parts .Moral of story don't trust you get the service you pay for .

Geez Chris,

You just Don't look after your car:know: Or maybe it has been overloaded..HeHe.

Seriously, hopefully the 40k services have had the oil changed.

I did my first rear diff oil change at 5k knowing the running in abrasive stuff that ends up in the oil initially.

When it is rebuilt, change the diff oil after say 1000 - 5000ks, then every 40k.

Talk soon

Greg

Diff

Yeah Greg and tweak I change the oil ever 20k any way and yeah all sevices have been done by the book but maybe only in writting .
Yeah $100 axle bearings and diff centre bearing kit $350 so hopefully no more cost Labour is free

Chris

ok replaced all the bearings which is probably a good thing. a fair bit of time involved in setting up the pinion. make sure those carriers bearings get wound up really nice and tight. tighter the better.

Latest posts

Back