Ironman Bash Plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titanium_Tim

Reaction score
So finally got round to putting in the bash plates today, only took a couple of hours. Everything matched up fine except for the holes right at the front for the radiator plate, didnt meet with the existing nuts so will just nip down to bunnings to sort those out.

All in all fairly painless, looking forward to testing them out.

Original plate and a lil friend that has obviously been in there for a while. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0429.jpg
    IMG_0429.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 458
I looked at these and I looked at the Brown Davis ones, the Ironman one don't have any vents and the Brown Davis ones have circular vent holes.

I'm wondering if it makes any difference to the operating temperature because the Ironman ones are a fair bit cheaper.

Hi Geoff3DMN,

The ironman ones have a few vents on there but as you said not a great deal of them compared to the brown davis but if it is a big issue can always drill a few holes.

not having holes is probably a good thing, last time i checked bash plates were for stopping object plumeting into your engine causing damage. also the engine bay isnt a fully sealed box, im sure not haveing a few airholes in the front plate wont make that much of a difference.

Looks good!, i'm in the process of putting on my ironman bash plates. (i'll be using these pictures for a guide :p)
and FYI contact Zordo, he sells them for an awesome price!

Last edited:
not having holes is probably a good thing, last time i checked bash plates were for stopping object plumeting into your engine causing damage. also the engine bay isnt a fully sealed box, im sure not haveing a few airholes in the front plate wont make that much of a difference.

Good point, cant really see it being an issue.

not too sure, worst case scenario the front plate my be a little short. give them a call or ask if you can just have a look at one of the plates to see if will work?

looks great Tim- a good investment for your truck too. Mine have taken a beating from the last few outings - the front one needs to come off for a bit of reshaping but so far everything is doing exactly whats it's supposed to.

BTW, the lack of vents don't make a difference to the operating temp of the engine.

looks great Tim- a good investment for your truck too. Mine have taken a beating from the last few outings - the front one needs to come off for a bit of reshaping but so far everything is doing exactly whats it's supposed to.

BTW, the lack of vents don't make a difference to the operating temp of the engine.

went for a bit of a drive the other week with a mate before i brought the plates, managed to scratch up the side step and put a nice big dent in the muffler, thankfully no damage to major bits but that was pretty much the main reason why i now have them, just a bit of piece of mind that doesn't hurt the bank account.

Latest posts

Back