Why is your Navara at the state it is ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attached or not.

• Married

Votes: 34 61.8%
  • Attached

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Single

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
Married with young kids, most of my mods are not easily noticed by a womens eye......except for all the ones I got on the way home from the showroom which I stated to her that they all came with the ute......??

There's not much I can get without the Mrs knowing. She really does hold the purse strings, this was of my making being she is so good with money! Managing accounts and the money is something I have to work very hard at and something she does well. With that said I heard her tell the brother inlaw the other day "once he gets the Mickey T's, I won't have to hear about it anymore!" , sounds good enough to me because the tyres are going on just after the snorkel!!!! For the record, I have always owned stock standard vehicles. If they had nice wheels, they came with them.

Cheers Brad

My ute being used for work there all mods for work purposes. Lol.

The accountant said, anything attached to the ute I can claim.

Sounds good to me.

Dave.

I like your thinking Dave, I really should get a rear locker in case I need to go on a muddy jobsite somewhere...lol

I gotta get a new Accountant LOL, mine's pretty conservative when it comes to claimig things like the bullbar etc. My MTZ's will be claimable though!! As well as window tinting and my uhf (she just told me the uhf has been) I'm going to start on my tray soon, some sort of rack and canvas cover. All for work purposes of course!!!

I like your thinking Dave, I really should get a rear locker in case I need to go on a muddy jobsite somewhere...lol
I could have done with one in my old van. Was driving into a farm house one day just after a shower of light rain, the road in have been freshly graded.......man it is a scarey thing sliding backwards down hill in a fully loaded Kia van with your foot flat to the floor. I reckon I blessed myself twenty times before I stopped. That's what got me looking for a decent work/play wagon!

Brad

all i can say is thankgod for cash jobs.... i can skim a bit and hide it to buy stuff at a price she doesn't flip her lid about. she still gets a little pissed off though

$45 snorkel, $250 bullbar $120 suspension etc lol !

Thankfully not married, but only been single 1 day since i bought the Nav. My money:happy_smile:

Married with young kids, most of my mods are not easily noticed by a womens eye......except for all the ones I got on the way home from the showroom which I stated to her that they all came with the ute......??

OMG Matt, Thats so funny. I was just sitting here thinking how I could get the snorkel fitted on my new ute on the way home from the showroom on Wednesday so the missus wouldn't freak out. Yeah it came as a sweetener babe, no cost LOL!

On the up side, I get to pick up my new ute on Wednesday night 6pm. YAY, the month of wait is nearly over. Fek yeah! Already have a wish list and don't even own it yet. HAha DP Chip, 2 3/4" Exhaust, 2 inch susp lift, HID Inserts for the Hella's and new UHF aerial.

Hurry up time! Just 48 hours to go.

DJ

The Minister of Finance does seem to have the same set of priorities as I do. See can't see that a set of sliders and a rear tube bar is far more important than a new bunk bed and linen for the kids.

Im married with two kids, for me its like Im having an affair, always sneaking around behind her back and doing mods without her knowing. I still dont know how Im going to get some 33s on black 15x10s past her though, anybody know any good magicians that can teach me how to pull it off with mirrors?

My missus learnt fairly early that my time and money gets spent on cars and music.
She can do whatever she likes with her time and money, as long as the rent is paid and the dishes are done, bed made, laundry etc...

My better half is the driving force behind the interior modifications I have made and have budgeted to make. Like the dual cab swap.

Most of what I'm getting on mine is common-sense stuff. My wife is the one that talked me out of the soft cover and into the canopy - we were driving around looking at properties and she goes "if we get a canopy with it, we can put the Engel chest fridge in and use that too!"

We took a D22 out for a night run and next day asked the guy "are the D40's headlights anything like this?" to which he said "pretty much". Wife then goes "get the driving lights". Standard headlights are woeful - I'm getting a spot and a spread, so that I get the best of both worlds.

I'm still waiting for mine to have its bits put on. No progress call from the dealer, which is a bit disappointing, but I can wait. They don't have my money yet, and I've got their loan car (Tiida, surprisingly not bad for a small car).

The wife wants to go camping (with the 18' van) so badly that she said "right, we're taking that thing up the New England when we get it and we'll burn that 1,000km off immediately".

Yep, I'm happy.

Latest posts

Back