D40 ST-X Stereo wiring harness

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willyv

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post, I have done a fair amount of research but cannot find what I am after unfortunately.

Trying to wire a 2010/11 ST-X stereo in to a 2006 ST-X.
Have found the adaptor for the antenna but wondering if anyone knows where I can get a harness to plug in to the newer stereo or, even better two harnesses that convert- pushing my luck there I think. Any other help or previous experiences would help ad I'm sure the wiring colors etc don't match up.

Not worried about the AUX or Bluetooth etc, just want to be able to play mp3 discs.

Cheers

Once you get the head unit working the bluetooth and aux will work anyways. I just cut the wires on mine, they are easy enough. All the colours that have 2, (grey, grey with back stripe - purple, purple with black stripe) are your speakers. There should be 4 sets of matching colours. They will join to the same colours if you cut the wires. Black is earth, yellow is constant, red is accessories, and blue is illumination. It should all work the same. Buy some wire connectors from super cheap if you cant solder, ir twist the wires together and wrap each one individualy in electrical tape!

mate i've been playing with electricals for a fair few years now, trust me when i say avoid the snap on connectors and don't just twist and tape... your just asking for trouble down the track, soldering is really easy and after a few practice goes you'll pick it up, trick it to use a quality soldering iron, i used a normal electric one for years which was fine on light duty stuff but anything thicker and it was some pretty terrible soldering.
last year i got a butane powered gas iron and it was the best thing i've ever done, instantly my work was excellent quality and i can solder pretty much anything.
don't just twist the wires together in a twirl, spread out the individual strands of each wire, push them together head on and then twist, then solder the result, makes for the best connection.
if you get a gas torch you have the advantage of using shrink tube over the work which will last forever, won't come apart like electrical tape can do over time.
sorry for the long winded reply, i'm by no means a sparky but a good mate is and he gave me a lot of useful tips and he hates snap on connectors with a passion!

Thanks for your help guys. I'm stuck one step before worrying about wires etc. The stereo unit I have did not come with the harness or plug to plug into the back of the unit. So I need that part before progressing any further. Been to car audio places but those sorts of parts aren't made any more or are rarely updated. Anyone have one lying around in their shed that I can take off their hands? Well compensated of course ;-). Thanks again for everyone's time and help.

Latest posts

Back