October Meet - Sydney Off Road Racing Association (SORRA)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAFO

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sydney Off Road Racing Association (SORRA) will be holding a Round on the weekend 13th & 14th October 2012 at the their Colo Heights off road Racing complex on the Putty Road, about 20klm north of Colo Heights.

I will be attending as part of the Recovery/Medical Team for the weekend, and was just wondering if any other Nav owners (3 or 4 vehicles) may be interested in coming along and helping out as a Recovery Team Member for the weekend?

I and other Recovery Team Members usually head up Friday evening and staying both Friday & Saturday Nights.

SORRA usually provides us Volunteers with lunch/Dinner Saturday Night and Breakfast/Lunch Sunday on a race Meet (numbers needed in advance). Toilets & Showers are on site, but Showers are feed by rain and dam water.

Essentials you will need:
* Vehicle Mounted UHFCB & hand held UHF CB is handy too
* Tent & Sleeping Bag
* Own Drinking Water, Drinks, Refreshments & Snacks (for while at checkpoints etc)
* Tow strap – but each Off Road Racer should have their own
* Hi-Vis Safety Vest (if you have one)
* Wet weather Clothing

If you are interested in coming along and helping out as Volunteer Recovery Team Members, please let me know so I can provide details of numbers to organisers and further information if needed.

http://sorra.offroadracing.com.au/

GRANT QUINLAN
[email protected]

Attachments

• 333 Off-Road %28Small%29.jpg
    333 Off-Road %28Small%29.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Off-Road Racing %232.jpg
    Off-Road Racing %232.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Off-Road Racing %233.jpg
    Off-Road Racing %233.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
sounds interesting, will run it passed the wife to see if i can get the weekend off for good behaviour hahaha

Hi All,

For those still interested in Coming to Colo Heights for the SORRA Race Meet on the 14th & 15th October, there has been a slight hiccup and the SORRA Competition Round will not be going ahead as planned, due to a State Round the following weekend of the 21st & 22nd October, ORRA Rules prohibit a club round's being held either side of a State Round.

BUT Wait . . . There's More . . . if you you are still interested in coming along and helping out with Recovery Operations during future Off-road Racing Weekends with SORRA . . . SORRA will still be holding a Club Working Bee weekend on the 14th & 15th October and a Test & Tune day on the Sunday.

They asked if us regular Recovery Guys & Girls could still attend on the Sunday to assist with Recovery Operations if needed, and SORRA Officials have asked attending competitors to thank officials and volunteers by giving them a ride in their race cars on the Sunday.

So if you are still interested in coming along to Future SORRA Race Weekends as part of the "Recovery Crew Guys & Girls, you are invited to still come along on Sunday 15th, or join Myself and a couple of other Regulars and head up Saturday Afternoon and stay Saturday Night, meet some of the SORRA Officials, have a look around and see what the Colo Park Site has to offer, help out with Recovery Operations on the Sunday, and if your lucky . . . you may get a ride in the Navigators seat of one of the Cars around the 8klm Off-road Track.

If you are still interested, please PM me to let me know of numbers.

Hope to still see you all there

Cheers

Grant
(JAFO)

Latest posts

Back