help!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karl

Reaction score
hey guys, im stuck. i have my heart set on an older model navara STR 2003, with tub not tray backm havernt actually found one i like yet for the money. Today while looking around i found a nice white tray back going for an awsome price. 2006 STR dual cab 48000kms for 25g, (bit sketchy to no if its ok, its though a dealer), the thing i need to no tho is. whats the comparison like compared from TUB TRAY to STEEL/ALLOY(i dont no what there made off), i need to no what the feel on the road is like, bumpy all that sort of jaz, i own a hilux dual cab, alot older then this one but its all over the road because of the back end, if anyone could help that would be great, thanks karl.
ps need to no if that is a good buy or sounds sketchy ha

Last edited:
They are only a bit over 30 grand new so bargain him hard if you buy that one. If it is an ally tray it will be a bit rougher ride than a tub or steel tray. Probably still ok though, take it for a drive and see.

Karl, I bought my 2003 ST-R off my brother. He had a tray on it (he's a builder) and put a tub on to make it easier to sell. He got the tub, with tub liner and hard lid for $700. So it's not a big issue to swap from a tray to a tub.

yeh they come up often on ebay. if you actually use the tray the steel or alloy is the best bet. style side/tub is better asthetically but then ya have more to clean :D

i specefically looked for a alloy tray due to weight and they don't rust like my old hilux steel tray

thanks for the reply guys. im going to take the one for a test drive tommorrow, but then im going to head up to brissy to take a look around see what i can find. Ive met a few contacts through work and one of those is an ex navara dealer, shes going to call her old boss in vic to see what he can get me so hopefully i can get a good deal, i let ya's no how i go.

bought one today. 2006 model, str. 82oookms tray back but the dealer is converting it to tub for free. paid 26000 for it. best deal i could find, the first one i looked at was dodgy as.

congrats mate paid 22 for my 2005 with 130 bout 6 months ago. sooo you did pretty bloody good if you ask me.

Latest posts

Back