Feather Lite Roof Top Tent

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DodgyPuzzles

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I dropped into opposite lock yesterday to find out some information about roof top tents. The owner was telling me about the Feather Lite tents, this was the first I'd heard of them. I've searched the forum and couldn't find anything; A few Google searches showed up a couple of small reviews from the US about them.

From what I can see they're a South African company but the tents are made in China (Just like all the others). They hold a price tag in the same range as the ARB or Ironman tents but fold up to be a bit smaller. This is the link to the suppliers site http://www.dolium.com.au/Retail_Catalogue/RT97_item.html?ref_cat_id=Featherlite
Does anyone know anything about these ?

I've worked out the costs for the following:
Tigerz11 RTT delivered = $1100
FeatherLite from OL = $1700
ARB or Ironman from OL = $??? The guy told me he'd have more room to move on the price if I wanted one of these

My main concern is if they're all being pumped out of china what's the difference ?

Can't help you on the other brands but i am on my second Featherlite tent and love them mainly because of the weight (or lack of). We had a regular rooftop for four years and used it at least twice a month. then last year bought a T Top because we wanted the annex for the kids to sleep in and sold the other tent to a mate who is still running it now and it's going strong with no problems. Being light weight I had expected it would be flimsy and short lived but was wrong.

I bought mine from the fellas in Africa direct while overseas so can't comment on the Aussie prices but they don't look too far from what we paid.

In considering the weight you also need to thing about the weight of not just the tent up top both static weight and dynamic weight but also once you have the weight cantilevered out over the side of the truck and the associate strain on your roof rack and sag on your suspension. All added up to us going for the light weight version.

Latest posts

Back