D40 ST Stereo Wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhv001

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone can help me out with the wiring on a 2012 D40 ST stereo connector.

I have worked out what most of the wires are for. The only two I'm not sure about are pins 17 & 18 (see attached diagram for pin numbers).

I think pin 17 is the speed pulse signal to the stereo, the wire is a light blue colour.

Pin 18 is a white wire, but I don't know what it is for. It appears that the head unit outputs a small voltage (approx 3.5V) on this pin when the ignition is on. Normally, I would think that this is a remote turn on signal for an amplifier or an antenna amplifier. As far as I know there is no amplifier installed from the factory.

Any help will be appreciated.

image-11725772.jpg

PS: I have checked the wiring diagram in the service manual, but the manual I have is for 2005 model and does not have these wires shown. I have also checked the Frontier manual, but that seems totally different. The closest I have found is the North American Pathfinder. The wires to this connector seem to match up (except the pathfinder has different colours), but pins 17 & 18 are shown as unused.

In mine the blue wire was illumination for the head unit. I had it disconnected for a while and the lights wouldnt come on when the headlights were on. No idea about the white wire though... Do you have bluetooth on the head unit?

The headlights are on the orange wire on mine. The head unit has Bluetooth. There is another smaller connector where the Bluetooth mic wires come into the head unit.

Anybody have a stereo wiring diagram that would cover the 2012 ST?

Latest posts

Back